UBB.Dev
Posted By: dgermann Can't get member's pix to display - 03/01/2001 2:22 PM
Hi--

What am I doing wrong? I have a member who has posted an article here, but her picture from her profile does not appear either next to the article or next to her profile.

Her picture is http://www.changingcourse.com/images/valerie.gif.

I thought it might be that her pix is on her site and not on mine, but if that were the case, my pix would not appear here. I thought it might be that her pix was too big, but mine is bigger.

Any ideas?

PS: Just now I tried to set up her picture to come up in a [ url= ] markup tag, like this, but it came up with a page not found. Could that be a clue?

:-Doug.
[][email protected][/]
www.FootprintsintheWind.com
Posted By: dgermann Re: Can't get member's pix to display - 03/02/2001 3:11 PM
Hi--

Anybody got any ideas on this one?

[][email protected][/]
Posted By: Rick Re: Can't get member's pix to display - 03/02/2001 3:55 PM
Both links to her picture worked from here. This must be a setting in the config files or she doesn't have her profile filled out for her picture. If both of these were done then it would at least by trying to display her picture and show a broken image.
Posted By: dgermann Re: Can't get member's pix to display - 03/03/2001 2:25 AM
Scream--

Yeah, the pix showed up when I tested them here too.

And yes, it is in her profile. In fact, I copied what was there and pasted it here to get the links you used to see her picture. I set up her profile myself for the picture.

If it is in the config files, why would mine show up and hers not?

Does the fact that I am having trouble with the default picture setting for newly registered users (see other thread, this board), somehow point to a bad install or some glitch, perhaps?

Now I am an admin and she is a user. Is that a difference? My picture resides on my site, hers does not. But then why would my picture show up here?

Not sure what you mean by try to display a broken picture. []/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/]

[][email protected][/]
© UBB.Developers