UBB.Dev
Posted By: Edyb User Titles - 08/23/2001 2:09 PM
Is it posible to just have the number of post a user has made?
It seem to be a lot more informative than titles, and some tittles may be offensive to some people...
Posted By: Rick Re: User Titles - 08/23/2001 3:28 PM
Not necessarily without some fairly heavy changes. The total number of posts the user has made is not stored with the posts.
Posted By: Edyb Re: User Titles - 08/23/2001 3:58 PM
Does this mean it is not posible to show the number of posts?
Posted By: sigridsholm Re: User Titles - 08/23/2001 9:27 PM
I believe he says that everything is possible but this thing isn´t that easy. :-)

Why don´t you set your user titels to
>25 posts
>50 posts
>100 posts
or something like that, that would be a quick way of fixing it.
Posted By: Edyb Re: User Titles - 08/24/2001 1:53 AM
Thanks
I get the point
A lot of people here can do modifications and write code...
But I can just follow easy instructions. If it need some coding: it is not posible for me...
Everything is posible smile
Posted By: dgermann Re: User Titles - 08/25/2001 3:14 AM
You can change the user titles from the Admin area to do the over 50 posts, over 100 thing, or something like that.
Posted By: jfeccker Re: User Titles - 09/10/2001 3:20 AM
Is there an easy way to just get rid of the display of the titles altogether? On my first board, the users didn't like them so I manually removed them from the system. But now with a new install, I don't want to have to go back and dig out all those places again if there's an easier way to turn it off.

Thanks,
John
Posted By: Rick Re: User Titles - 09/11/2001 3:06 AM
There is no config option for this currently, but there have been a few people that have needed this so I should probably put one in. Until then you'll need to edit the scripts to remove the title references, or just have one title that never changes.
© UBB.Developers