UBB.Dev
Posted By: erikg Cannot log in - 10/19/2001 3:12 PM
Whether I try to log in or I try to click "I forgot my password" I get this page:

We cannot proceed.
We encountered a problem. The reason reported was:
All of the required fields are not filled in.

I can see the users and when I try to get the password mailed to users who do exist, I still get the same error.

I also get the error when trying to register a new username!!
My browser do accept cookies, so that's not the problem (Hell... I can log on to this wwwthreads)

The problem arose after having moved a running wwwthreads from one server to another.

Any ideas as to how to cope with this?
Posted By: MattyJ Re: Cannot log in - 10/19/2001 3:16 PM
just to be safe, I would delete all of your wwwthreads cookies and try again... if that doesn't fix it, can you get to your web server error logs? That would give more detailed information for troubleshooting...

matt
Posted By: erikg Re: Cannot log in - 10/19/2001 3:35 PM
There is no entry in the error log as the program isn't experiencing a technical error.

It os more like the program is misunderstanding an input.

I can still log in to this wwwthreads account and the old one on my old server, but the copy on the new server is having the problems as described.!!
Posted By: Rick Re: Cannot log in - 10/19/2001 3:40 PM
You might not have enable_track_vars turned on in php.ini. This allows the form variables to be passed from one script to another. Without it, it will look like you entered nothing.
Posted By: erikg Re: Cannot log in - 10/19/2001 3:51 PM
Damn... I had hoped that you gave the answer, but no.... Heres a snip from php.ini:

track_vars = On ; enable the $HTTP_*_VARS[] arrays, where * is one of
; ENV, POST, GET, COOKIE or SERVER.

What can it be then...?
Posted By: Rick Re: Cannot log in - 10/19/2001 3:57 PM
AH, how about register_globals. This needs to be on as well.
Posted By: erikg Re: Cannot log in - 10/19/2001 3:59 PM
That's also ON, but how about this:

; Magic quotes
magic_quotes_gpc = Off ; magic quotes for incoming GET/POST/Cookie data
magic_quotes_runtime= Off ; magic quotes for runtime-generated data, e.g. data from SQL, from exec(), etc.
magic_quotes_sybase = Off ; Use Sybase-style magic quotes (escape ' with '' instead of \')
Posted By: Rick Re: Cannot log in - 10/19/2001 4:09 PM
I have my magic_quotes_gpc set to On, while all others are off. What version of PHP is this?
Posted By: erikg Re: Cannot log in - 10/19/2001 4:12 PM
PHP Version 4.0.6
Posted By: erikg Re: Cannot log in - 10/19/2001 4:14 PM
I have now tried this:
; Magic quotes
magic_quotes_gpc = On ; magic quotes for incoming GET/POST/Cookie data
magic_quotes_runtime= On ; magic quotes for runtime-generated data, e.g. data from SQL, from exec(), etc.
magic_quotes_sybase = Off ; Use Sybase-style magic quotes (escape ' with '' instead of \')

But still the same error!!
Posted By: Rick Re: Cannot log in - 10/19/2001 4:45 PM
Do you have an url that I can look at?
Posted By: erikg Re: Cannot log in - 10/19/2001 4:49 PM
Sure....
www.bellcom.net/php/wwwforum/login.php?Cat=
Posted By: Rick Re: Cannot log in - 10/19/2001 5:06 PM
Ok, I think I know the problem. Your website is at www.bellcom.net, but you have $config[phpurl] set to just bellcom.net. On many systems, php won't accept this data because it treats this as a separate domain. If you change your $config[phpurl] to www.bellcom.net I think it will work.
Posted By: erikg Re: Cannot log in - 10/19/2001 5:17 PM
$config in which file?
Posted By: Rick Re: Cannot log in - 10/19/2001 5:17 PM
your config.inc.php file.
Posted By: erikg Re: Cannot log in - 10/19/2001 5:25 PM
I am your humble servant. Yor are simply just too good. Wow.... It's just so good when things are working out ...'with a little help from your friends'.

THANK YOU.
© UBB.Developers