UBB.Dev
I have cookies turned on in my config for UBBT but I've noticed that they only work for registered users.

How do I turn them on for unregistered users?

Thanks in advance,

FC
How do you mean? What makes you think cookies don't work for visitors?
Cookies do work, if you are registered. But flyingcrow is right: Cookies only work for registered users. The light bulbs and keeping track of what you have and have not read only works for those that authenticate to Threads.

Unregistered users always see the lightbulbs as "off" and there is no tracking of what has and has not been read.

For me it's not a problem, I just see it as incentive to register.
Yes, what Dalantech said.

My troup of unregistered users, who don't want to register never see lit lightbulbs when they visit my new UBBT forums.

This is because cookie tracking is tied to the database to registered user names. In UBB classic, browser cookies kept track of each last message posted in each forum and they were not tied to the registered name.

FC
the information stored in the cookie is only saying to the boards who you are. the information on what you have seen is stored in the w3t_users table (I think) so an unregistered user would not have any place to have this info stored since they have no user entry in w3t_users

Correct me if I am wrong on this? but I am fairly certain that is how it works. using the U_tempread field?
Yep, you are correct.
<2cents>
Personally I wouldn't want such tracking information stored in cookies. If you visit with a different browser/computer your information is not accessable.
</2cents>
I used to track via cookies. But in order to do all the tracking that we do we started to exceed the cookie limitations. So things started to go wonky
I wasn't sure if my memory was correct but I had thought you did at one time too. lol

I think cookies are limited to 4k max, aren't they?
4k and a 20 cookie limitation per domain. It wasn't bad on smaller sites but sites with alot of forums and posts the cookie totals started to add up pretty quick.
© UBB.Developers