UBB.Dev
Posted By: Ferrett How Do I Add Threads To The End Of A Column? - 07/30/2002 10:18 PM
Hello - I was referred here by the UBB forums, so hello to all!

I'm in the middle of a HUGE revamp of my entire site look, and I just installed UBBThreads as a new BBS system. Every day, my site posts about four to ten strategy articles on a card game called Magic - and what I'd like to do would be to have a forum thread at the end of every article, much like this site does:

http://www.casualplayers.org/article/get.php?action=getarticle&articleid=490

The question: Is there a mod that can do this, and can the forum be generated automatically with the articles, which are kept in a separate PHP database?

Danke,
The Ferrett
Welcome Ferret

Good question, that would make a nice modification. I would think most of the work could be done with the templates, would be a matter of making the first post of a different style, or being able to pull a thread into the article page minus the header/footer. I think JustDave had planned to include a "reviews" section with his integrated index page, which would do exactly what you have planned here I believe. I'll be thinking about a way to do this if someone else doesn't jump on it before I get a clue , I'll share
© UBB.Developers