UBB.Dev
Posted By: cstaber Sticky/Locked Threads? - 08/19/2002 1:01 AM
I have the newest php version, just installed...and I'm trying to figure out how to make a post sticky (stuck at the top of the post lists) and also how to lock a post (no longer allow anyone to reply)
Also...how do I add buttons to each thread for mods/admins such as edit/delete/lock/expire/etc instead of having to go through the admin panel, do it directly from the post?
Oh yeah...how do I add the quote/quick quote features?
...and change a specific user's title in the newest version? I thought there was a way to in older versions, but been looking all through the admin pannel in the newest version and just can't find it!
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Sticky/Locked Threads? - 08/19/2002 1:13 AM
Just simply click on "Edit" next to the post. There you'll see the various options to make the post Sticky, close the thread. Admins and Mods (if they moderate that forum) will have access to the "Edit" button next to the post. So you don't have to use the Admin menu.

To change a specific user's title... click on their username (or find them through Admin), click Edit this user and Edit their profile. You can change the title in there.

The quick reply thing is a hack. Use caution when hacking...usual warnings apply. Modify at your own peril. It's located in the Finished Mods forums here.

Posted By: cstaber Re: Sticky/Locked Threads? - 08/19/2002 1:17 AM
duh there they are heh Thanks alot
Haven't ran wwwthreads since before infopop...so I've been out of it for awhile =)
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Sticky/Locked Threads? - 08/19/2002 1:25 AM
Big and Good changes for you to discover then. It's gotten Soooo much better.
Posted By: cstaber Re: Sticky/Locked Threads? - 08/19/2002 1:28 AM
What hacks do you reccomend I look into?
If you could, maybe provide links to them?
I know it may take awhile but I thank you very much in advance for your help
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Sticky/Locked Threads? - 08/19/2002 2:22 AM
Personally I would recommend and use:

The CookiePal so users can easily delete cookies if they are having trouble at your site. here

Postlist Attachment Icon since so many users don't see the "Attachment" link. here

My users didn't want User Ratings.... so I use the Profile Status Bars instead. here

Hope that get's you started.

Oh and one more thing you shouldn't miss... the Integrated Index Page by JustDave. Look inside the Forum design Integration forum. You can see the demo at the Home page here.

:)

I love the "Who's Online Box" additon....although I have modified it so that it appears on every page. here

Profile email protection from Spam bots keeps the email addresses from being harvested. here

If you have alot of users... the userlist is worthless without the Userlist Alphabet Sort hack. here

The Inline Images hack is pretty valuable too. It displays attached images in the posts. here

© UBB.Developers