UBB.Dev
Posted By: pinion n00b help - 08/19/2002 3:46 PM
Hi everyone. First off I just wanted to say that these forums are great. ThreasdDev is a very useful place. I have recently upgraded from ubb.classic v6.3.0 to ubb.threads v6.03. I used to frequent UBBDev and this place is just as helpful.

Now my question is I've been testing IIP with my threads copy and everything seems to work fine until I exit my web browser (IE) and reopen it and return to the page. When I do this I get the folloing error:

code:
Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by
(output started at /home3/www/piniononline/index.php:1) in
/home3/www/piniononline/ubbthreads/ubbt.inc.php on line 1651

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix it? At first I thought it might be happening because I'm still running ubb.classic and the cookies are interefereing with each other. My web page is at http://www.piniononline.com. Sorry about the mess but it's still a work in progress.

Thanks ahead of time for any help anyone can shed on this problem .
Posted By: JustDave Re: n00b help - 08/19/2002 3:59 PM
I don't seem to be getting any errors. I haven't logged in though so maybe it is a cookie issue.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: n00b help - 08/19/2002 6:46 PM
looks like it is working for me as well. clear your cookies and check again.
Posted By: pinion Re: n00b help - 08/19/2002 7:40 PM
I tried deleting all my cookies and it still does the same thing. If you guys want to try and log in as me just PM me and I'll send you the info.
Posted By: JustDave Re: n00b help - 08/19/2002 7:58 PM
I am waiting on admin approval so I can log in.
Posted By: pinion Re: n00b help - 08/19/2002 8:07 PM
approved d00d. rather odd since i have the setting set for approve all new users.
Posted By: JustDave Re: n00b help - 08/19/2002 8:17 PM
I logged in but haven't seen any errors...

Perhaps only admins are seeing these errors?
Posted By: pinion Re: n00b help - 08/19/2002 8:19 PM
hmmmm.....this is weird. I know it's not just the Admin b/c some of my clanmates have been helping test things and they see it too.

I have attatched a screenie to show you what the error looks like.

Attached picture 54370-error.jpg
Posted By: JustDave Re: n00b help - 08/19/2002 8:22 PM
I have logged in and out a few times and visited the links in the menu box also. Still no errors... have you modified the index.php page in any way?
Posted By: pinion Re: n00b help - 08/19/2002 8:26 PM
I fixed it. I'm such a n00b. It was Norton Firewall causing the problems. It was the referer issue. The same reason why I have to shut down Firewall to post here. Well, thanks for the help with that guys. I do have 1 more question though.

When I used Infopops import tool for ubb.classic to ubb.threads my private forums didn't migrate. Is there a reason for that? Will I have to migrate them by hand and if so how do I do that?
Posted By: Helice Importing private forums - 08/19/2002 9:39 PM
I imported back at 6.0, so I don't know if the import script has gotten any better. I had the problem with losing private forums too, here's what I did to get them --

I first shut down my UBB. Then I used an ftp program to visit all the directories that held private forum messages. Regular messages are in their own directory but private messages are kept in a subdirectory under that. Go into the subdirectory and move all the files up one level, and do that for all your private forums.

The import script will be able to grab the messages once you move them up to where it expects to find them. Do no forget to edit your UBBT forums so that only appropriate groups can view the private messages before you open it up.

Hope this helps.
Posted By: pinion Re: Importing private forums - 08/19/2002 10:06 PM
Cool, thanks for the info. I'll give it a try.
© UBB.Developers