UBB.Dev
I want to have a different header in one of my forums but leave the rest using the defaut, how do I do this?
First you need to choose Edit/Delete a forum from the Admin menu, and change "use a unique header/footer for this forum" to Yes.

Then, in the Admin menu, choose "Edit Forum Headers" and specifiy a special header for this forum. All other forums will default to your standard header.

Hope that helps!
Thank You.
Since we are on the subject of headers? Why not ask this too. How does ubbdev.com have two colors for the background? I see a cream (outter border) and white (inner color)? I have tried the .css file (azure.css)and yet can not achieve this effect.

Thanks in advance...
Allen can answer for sure... but I think he opens a table in the header and then closes it in the footer. very clever
Thanks JoshPet.... ah.. Allen, would you mind lending an ear?
yes, that's how we do it... Do a "view source" here, I am pretty sure the header and footer are commented so you can see what we do. Ask if you have more questions
Hi Allen. Yes the header and footer is not a problem to sort out but where did you create the effects of the two tables (outer color and inner color background)? If you could explain, thank you.
I believe it goes like this:

In your includes directory find and open your header.php file for the very last line at the bottom of your file add this:

<table width="100%" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0" border="0">
<tr>
<td class="darktable">
<table width="100%" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0" border="0">
<tr>
<td class="lighttable">

Then in your footer.php file for the very first line at the top of the file add this:

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

Then I believe you will get something simular to what you see here. I haven't used this anywhere but that's about how I think it's working.

Good Luck
Ah.. I see. No wonder I missed it. Thank you!
© UBB.Developers