UBB.Dev
Posted By: kaspar Removing Mod doesn't work - 09/25/2002 2:29 AM
I removed a person from being a moderator on my forums, but his name is still there under Moderators! Which is kinda annoying hahaha. Any thoughts anyone?
Posted By: Dave_L_dup1 Re: Removing Mod doesn't work - 09/25/2002 2:47 AM
Did you only remove him as a moderator from specific forums, or did you also remove his moderator status?
Posted By: kaspar Re: Removing Mod doesn't work - 09/25/2002 3:03 AM
I removed his moderator status too. Yet his name still remains...so odd so so odd
Posted By: Dave_L_dup1 Re: Removing Mod doesn't work - 09/25/2002 3:15 AM
To diagnose this, run the following queries, with XYZ replaced by the person's username:

SELECT Mod_Board,Mod_Username FROM w3t_Moderators WHERE Mod_Username='XYZ'

SELECT Bo_Number,Bo_Moderators FROM w3t_Boards WHERE Bo_Moderators LIKE '%XYZ%'

SELECT U_Username,U_Number,U_Status,U_Groups,U_Title FROM w3t_Users WHERE U_Username = 'XYZ'

SELECT G_Name,G_Id FROM w3t_Groups WHERE G_Name='Moderators'
Posted By: kaspar Re: Removing Mod doesn't work - 09/25/2002 3:17 AM
Ahh he shows up in the second query.
SELECT Bo_Number,Bo_Moderators FROM w3t_Boards WHERE Bo_Moderators LIKE '%XYZ%'

How do I get rid of it? just manually run a sql statement and kill him? hahaha
Posted By: Dave_L_dup1 Re: Removing Mod doesn't work - 09/25/2002 3:33 AM
Probably. You might also check the U_Groups column in the w3t_Users table to see if he's in the Moderators' group.

Do you know how to do that?

If not, I edited my post above to add a couple of display columns to the third query, and added a fourth query.

If you'll rerun all four queries, and post the results here, or PM them to me, I can tell you what query to run to fix it. Also mention which version you're running.
Posted By: kaspar Re: Removing Mod doesn't work - 09/25/2002 11:44 PM
Oh no worries, I figured it out. Took some thinking and some odd sql statements. It works now. thanks for the queries you wrote earlier.
© UBB.Developers