UBB.Dev
Posted By: KLB Final request - getting rid of Main Index - 10/07/2002 7:22 PM
I would like to set it up so that users would be sent directly to the forum (as opposed to main index) when they log on and delete the Mian Index feature. Is this possible?
Do you mean have them sent to the forums list (ubbthreads.php) regardless of their preferences? Currently there's two choices, they can be taken to "My Home" or the "Main Index". What you want to do is overide their choice?

If so you need to edit your ubbt.inc.php file. Down around line 1144 you should see a line that looks like this:

if ( ($startpage == "mi") && ($firstlogin) ) {

Add this line just above that line:

$startpage = "mi"; $firstlogin = "1";

I think that should do it.
I missread your post. You want to send users to a specific board and not the forums list? If this is what you want to do then I don't have a clue as to how one would go about this...

perhaps sending a header with postlist.php and the related variables after a successfull login.
Forward to THE forum? You only have one forum I take it? Exactly which page do you want them forwarded from? A little more info would be helpful...
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Final request - getting rid of Main Index - 10/07/2002 8:40 PM
My guess would be he wants to go to postlist.

There was a mod somewhere that allowed you to choose IIP as a default page after login... I bet that could be adapted if that was the case.

If nobody beats me to this, I'll look at this later this evening.
But how does one decide what board postlist is to use for the viewer logging on?

That's my question... lol
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Final request - getting rid of Main Index - 10/07/2002 8:47 PM
Yeah, good point.

Yeah I made a startpage hack that would add an option to send them to any page on the site.
Yes but going to postlist.php without a board being defined gives the "access denied" error page. One needs to define the board the viewer is to be taken to at login. It's still doable but needs some database work, I think.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Final request - getting rid of Main Index - 10/07/2002 9:17 PM
Yeah.... definitely would need to pass a board keyword along with it.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Final request - getting rid of Main Index - 10/08/2002 3:41 AM
Just looked at that hack....

you probably would know for sure.... but it looks like where it's got this:

code:
<meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="1;url={$config['phpurl']}/index.php">

You could change to the actual URL of the forum you wants to drop them into (and you might not want the refresh in there either).... kinda like this:
code:
<meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="1;url={$config['phpurl']}/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=keyword">

Above where I've got "keyword" put the keyword to the forum you want to drop them into. If you don't know this.... hover your mouse over the link to the forum from your main index.... you'll see the keyword in the URL.

Hope that helps.
Posted By: KLB Re: Final request - getting rid of Main Index - 10/08/2002 9:07 PM
I would like them to go to http://www.sbhonline.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=sam if that helps (and yes - I only have one board)

Many thanks.
© UBB.Developers