UBB.Dev
Posted By: MTO How long can a post be? - 10/17/2002 9:18 PM
Any ideas?
I am trying to figure out what is going wrong with posting an article, it seems once posted it cant be accessed, not even to delete it. It has 72083 caracters, so I guess that could be a clue of the reason why... but I would think there is a length check, so I'm not sure... anyone know?
Posted By: Rick Re: How long can a post be? - 10/17/2002 9:24 PM
Currently the B_Body field of a post is a TEXT field which has a max of 65535 Bytes. Which would explain why the article is having some problems. You could alter the field to set it at MEDIUMTEXT which would allow for 16777215 Bytes.
Posted By: MTO Re: How long can a post be? - 10/17/2002 9:36 PM
Hum... then I guess I will respost the article and split it into two or three pieces

As a side note, the only way I find to delete the post is by deleting the board... no problem as its the first post of the board . But a length check probably wouldnt be too bad, or would that slow it down? ---...yes, so I could also alter the database... I find this option easier
Posted By: Rick Re: How long can a post be? - 10/17/2002 9:48 PM
That's strange. You might be able to get rid of the post by doing a direct sql command as well. With the post number:

DELETE FROM w3t_Posts WHERE B_Number='postnumber'

Not sure how much time the strlen() function takes on larger posts. Will need to do some time tests on it.
© UBB.Developers