UBB.Dev
Posted By: JoshPet User Titles - 10/23/2002 6:44 AM
Here's something I've noticed.

If you accidentally overwrite your user titles file during an upgrade....then put your titles back... nobody seems to advance anymore.

The only way I've found to fix it, is to check the box to update all existing user's titles....which of course blows any custom titles out of the water.

Does anyone know of a way to get things "moving" again...without losing the custom titles?

Not an issue right now on my site.. but a question I was asked recently...and one that I've seen on Leoville.
Posted By: ExcelsiorDDZ Re: User Titles - 10/24/2002 1:09 AM
I have installed the 'user updated titles' and let them make their own now.
Posted By: msula Re: User Titles - 10/24/2002 6:22 AM
Hey Josh, I was going to report this many many weeks ago, but was too lazy and/or forgot. But yeah, I had some people with 500+ posts still stuck on "newbie" or "rookie" after I upgraded. So I had to overwrite all of the names in the admin section to get them working again.

Which also sucked because it overwrote all of the custom titles I had for some people.
Posted By: Aglavalin Re: User Titles - 10/24/2002 8:53 PM
The titles should be kept in a seperate file that is never touched during an upgrade IMO. I don't use custom titles on my board, so I don't have problems forcing all titles to be reset, but it's still a pain when upgrading.
© UBB.Developers