UBB.Dev
Posted By: Allusivekudos forum headers.... - 01/03/2003 8:29 AM
I have something I think is weird, but maybe someone will know what's up!

I'm using a couple custom headers, in two forums.

At the bottom of each of those forums, a "Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server" error pops up.....

Any clues?

-peter
Posted By: Allusivekudos Re: forum headers.... - 01/03/2003 8:33 AM
And actually, To try and get rid of the error, I removed the header in one forum, deleted it from the "edit forum header" and I even deleted the file it created in the includes folder.

It's still throwing that not found error at the bottom of the folder.

-peter
Posted By: Allusivekudos Re: forum headers.... - 01/03/2003 8:12 PM
Tested this again....

First, went into a forum, checked for error. It was NOT there.
Next, I went to Edit Forum in admin panel.
I clicked the button for it to have it's own header.

Then, I went down to Edit Forum Headers, clicked the button, DIDN'T even add one yet, and check the forum and now that damn error is there.....

Anyone have ANY ideas?

-peter
Posted By: Allusivekudos Re: forum headers.... - 01/03/2003 8:23 PM
I'm probably irritating now, but when I turn off the option for the special header in the edit forum section, the error goes away.

-peter
Posted By: Dave_L_dup1 Re: forum headers.... - 01/03/2003 10:29 PM
If you specify that a forum has a "special header", you have to provide both a header and a footer. Could that be it?
Posted By: Allusivekudos Re: forum headers.... - 01/04/2003 1:37 AM
lmao....That was it. I just didn't put anything in it, and clicked update. Worked like a charm..

I'm finally getting the hang of threads now! Thank you so much!

-peter
Posted By: Dave_L_dup1 Re: forum headers.... - 01/04/2003 3:14 AM
That aspect of the forum header/footer stuff could be designed better. I had to figure out how it works by looking at the script.

I've hacked my version so that it uses the generic footer, rather than the forum footer. That way, I can create forum headers without having to mess with the footers.
Posted By: Allusivekudos Re: forum headers.... - 01/04/2003 6:31 AM
Yeah, I agree. However, I know what to do now. Thanks again!

-peter
Posted By: hikelite Re: forum headers for each forum ???.... - 01/25/2004 7:09 AM
Maybe you could help me - I haven't been able to figure it out. I designated a special forum header while editing the forum. Then I went to edit forum headers and selected that forum in the drop down menu which brought up a blank text box. No instructions at this point, no drop down menu to select the header I wrote and uploaded, so I cut a copy of the header and pasted into the text box and hit enter. The system happily updated something, not sure what, because the special header never worked. I can't find any information on this. Are there instructions that I have overlooked and if not, where might I find some ???? many thanks.
Posted By: omegatron Re: forum headers for each forum ???.... - 01/25/2004 7:11 AM
You forgot one step. You need to edit that forum and where it asks use unique header footer for that forum select yes.
Posted By: hikelite Re: forum headers for each forum ???.... - 01/25/2004 7:24 AM
Yes, I did that first.

Then I went to edit forum header and forum footer and in both cut and paste new header and footer respectively. Nothing new displays. When I upload the special header/footer into the includes folder I see no way to connect to those files via the forum's admin section, so again, all I could do was cut and paste but it doesn't work.

When editing the forum, it only asks if you want a unique header/footer, it doesn't ask which one. Anyway, I said yes and went on to cut and paste into the forum header/footer section as described above. Thanks again...
© UBB.Developers