UBB.Dev
Posted By: Liahona_dup1 Change Password? - 01/06/2003 10:06 PM
Hi

I get elderly people on my site that sometimes wish to change there password and even when I tell them how they still can't do it, is there a way for me the administrator to change their password for them, I had to do it in UBB Classic via the members cgi files, does threads have a way to do this? (of course as aposed to them sending me their password or re-regestering that is) MySql just gives numbers.

THX
Posted By: JustDave Re: Change Password? - 01/06/2003 10:07 PM
While logged in you can edit their profile and change their password for them.
Posted By: Dave_L_dup1 Re: Change Password? - 01/06/2003 10:10 PM
You can do it with this MySQL query:

UPDATE w3t_Users SET U_Password=MD5('the_password') WHERE U_Username='the_username'

Usual disclaimer: if you aren't familiar with MySQL queries, back up your database first.

(Or use JustDave's method )
Posted By: Liahona_dup1 Re: Change Password? - 01/06/2003 11:05 PM
Hi Guys

Sorry but I've already tried these and I need to know the password first ... is this correct.

[] (of course as apposed to them [:"red"]sending me their password or re-regestering [/] that is) [:"red"] MySql just gives numbers [/] .
[/]

So I take it that it can't be done [:"red"]unless I myself KNOW [/] the password, so what happens if they change their email, do they have to re-reg?

This is not going to kill me but would be nice to be in control.......
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Change Password? - 01/06/2003 11:11 PM
Yes,

Click on their name to view their profile. Edit the user, Then click "Edit profile".

Enter the new password (twice) in the password fields.
Posted By: Liahona_dup1 Re: Change Password? - 01/06/2003 11:55 PM
Hi

I'm an idiot, I've been there many times but saw dots and I just presumed that I needed to know the password before I could change it, like most other passwords you have to put in the old one first.

Great, now that's something else I've got to know.

I should have tried it really. silly me.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Change Password? - 01/07/2003 12:02 AM
LOL

That's OK. It happens to the best of us.
© UBB.Developers