UBB.Dev
Posted By: hatter 6.2 Running very very slow - 01/19/2003 11:18 PM
Greetings. I'm about to pull my hair out over this. When I first upgraded to 6.2, things were fine. However, since then, I'be been getting reports that the forums are loading much slower, even to the point where php times out after the 30seconds.

The pages will normally load, but it'll take anywhere from 30-60 seconds for it to do so. The funy thing is the debug code at the bottom says the page took 10 seconds to generate with around 11-18 queries. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might cause this?

I'm running Windows 2000, with IIS. I just uninstalled MySql and PHP and installed the latest versions. It's still doing the same thing. Any ideas?
Posted By: JustDave Re: 6.2 Running very very slow - 01/19/2003 11:47 PM
To me it seems as if everything is loading slow, not just the forums. The time spent on the queries is very low, .136 of a second when I accessed it, but the total time which includes how fast it took PHP to generate the page was over 10 seconds.

You may want to go over the PHP documentation and any information related to IIS use.
Posted By: Dave_L_dup1 Re: 6.2 Running very very slow - 01/19/2003 11:48 PM
I don't know if this will help, but if you add "debug=1" to the URL, it will show you the time for each query, so you can see if a particular query is taking the bulk of the time. That only works if you're logged in as an admin.

Examples:
http://example.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?debug=1
http://example.com/ubbt/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=board1&debug=1
Posted By: Ian_W Re: 6.2 Running very very slow - 01/20/2003 2:39 AM
Has your host altered anything? - I see that your TTL in the DNS for your site is set to 300 seconds which is very low - it is usualy around 86400 seconds, coupled with the fact that the SOA refresh is very high. I only set the TTL this low, if I am changing an IP address.

Also you have a cname for carfaxabbey.net should really be an A record. cnames can cause problems, and should really be avoided.

Also something is not quite right about your nameservers, it looks like your domains nameservers redicrect to ezy.net ones.

I might be barking up the wrong tree here, but if your DNS is wrong, then it can cause havoc with the site displaying quickly.

Just a thought.....

Ian

Posted By: Charles Re: 6.2 Running very very slow - 01/26/2003 10:54 AM
I had this problem on my server at one point, the PHP configuration on the server was wrong. Sadly I don't have any details on what they fixed to improve the specs.
© UBB.Developers