UBB.Dev
Posted By: msula I want to query a few user groups for display - 01/20/2003 5:17 AM
Ok, it would be ideal if a hack was made to automate this, but for now I will settle for the quick and dirty manual way.

Here is my situation. On my forums, we have regular users, Bronze, Silver, and Gold members. The 3 highest levels are for people who donate money to the site. And since I can't thank everyone individually all of the time, I want to create a list of users under each group and make a post thanking everyone in public.

So really, all I need to do is query to find all users in the bronze group. Then all users in the silver, and gold groups. I would like it so I can just copy/paste the list of names to add to a post, but any way I can easily get the names would be great.

But really, I think this would be a great addition to threads, if admins could send PMs and/or emails to specific groups. This way I can easily send messages to a whole group thanking them, or giving them special instructions, etc.

So anyway, let me hear the suggestions Thanks.
SELECT U_Username FROM w3t_Users WHERE U_Groups LIKE '%-3-%'

Replace 3 with the group number of your choice. I believe this will work.
[]But really, I think this would be a great addition to threads, if admins could send PMs and/or emails to specific groups.[/]

You can do that now: Admin -> Send email to users
[][]But really, I think this would be a great addition to threads, if admins could send PMs and/or emails to specific groups.[/]

You can do that now: Admin -> Send email to users [/]

Well dang it all, when did this take shape? I was under the impression you couldn't send emails just to particular groups *hits himself in the head*

Thanks.. both Daves
© UBB.Developers