UBB.Dev
Posted By: Mayoff Subscriptions waiting to go - 01/31/2003 12:56 AM
Yet another question from me:

We have not used the subscriptions feature (cron was not configured) for about a year. Now that I have upgraded to the latest version, I was thinking about setting it up, but I am worried that my users who have been using the "subscription" buttons will get spammed with 100's of que'd up posts. I would rather the posts they receive start from "today" not 300 days ago. Any advice?
Posted By: Dave_L_dup1 Re: Subscriptions waiting to go - 01/31/2003 1:08 AM
You could set the w3t_Subscriptions.S_Last column to the highest-numbered post for the relevant board. I'm not sure if that can be done with a single query. I don't have time to work out the details of this right now, but maybe someone else can do this.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Subscriptions waiting to go - 01/31/2003 1:55 AM
Did users subscribe to forums before... or you had the option off.

I don't think it will send everything.... doesn't it start from when you activate the feature?
Posted By: Mayoff Re: Subscriptions waiting to go - 01/31/2003 2:35 AM
The option has been turned on for a year in the settings, just the cron was not configured.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Subscriptions waiting to go - 01/31/2003 2:47 AM
Oh....

I'm not sure how it works.. maybe someone will know of a why just to reset all subscriptions.... and make people resubscribe.

Might be the safest way.
Posted By: dimopoulos Re: Subscriptions waiting to go - 01/31/2003 3:01 AM
I would suggest that you first check the w3t_Subscribe table. If the table is empty then you can switch on cron safely - nobody has subscribed.

Alternatively empty the w3t_Subscribe table and inform your users to re-subscribe

Warm regards

Nikos
Posted By: omegatron Re: Subscriptions waiting to go - 01/31/2003 3:51 AM
Easier yet. Backup your w3t_subscribe table. erase all members from it. Run subscriptions.php from your browser. This will update subscriptions. Then simply restore the backup of subscribe database table.
© UBB.Developers