UBB.Dev
Posted By: Daemon_dup1 Urgent Help please - 03/01/2003 2:52 AM
Ok,
For absoltly NO reason what so ever, my board has stopped working. I get this error why trying to post:

Warning: Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 3 in /var/www/vodatones.com/html/ubb/addpost.php on line 548

Warning: Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 3 in /var/www/vodatones.com/html/ubb/addpost.php on line 549

We cannot proceed
Post already exists.

There is no reason why this shouldn't work. The only thing I can think of is that I restarted the server earlier but I've done this before and it worked fine. I just also went to check mysql and it said the mysql server wasn't running which I thought was weird. So I started it, and I still get the same error.

What the hell has happened? I haven't touched anything!!!!

Please help
Posted By: Daemon_dup1 Re: Urgent Help please - 03/01/2003 2:58 AM
As an update to this, some people seem to have managed to post but there's no text.....it's really weird.
I dont know how they have managed to do it, but also some posts dont have a title either. It's like there's supposed to be text there but it's not.

Please someone have a look:
http//:www.vodatones.com/ubb
Posted By: Daemon_dup1 Re: Urgent Help please - 03/01/2003 3:23 AM
Ok I've sorted this now, it was because I tried editing the banned words earlier and put * before the word and after the word (on all words), like this:

*[censored]*
*dick*
*arse*

etc....

Only thing is, I have 2 post now in 1 of the sections with no title. Because they have no title I cant click to enter them and delete them.
How can I remove these posts please?

If you want to know why I did this with the swear filter, please see my other topic in this section called "swear filter is rubbish"
Posted By: Daemon_dup1 Re: Urgent Help please - 03/01/2003 3:42 AM
ok it appears there still is a major problem.

When we edit posts it changes ALL the words to [censored]

Even though I've changed the banned words list to NOTHING....it's empty. So I thought the it might just be slow at updating....so i restarted the server AGAIN and it's still happening.

I have no idea whats going on here, I need some help asap please. I'll check for replies every 5 mins....please help someone
Posted By: Daemon_dup1 Re: Urgent Help please - 03/01/2003 4:14 AM
ok i've removed the censored feature and i can edit posts fine.
It's obviously a MAJOR bug with this feature that needs looking at.
Josh where are you m8?
Posted By: Dave_L_dup1 Re: Urgent Help please - 03/01/2003 5:22 AM
The censored words feature is more or less the opposite of "user-friendly".

If you have an empty bad words file, you have to make sure that you don't have censoring enabled.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Urgent Help please - 03/01/2003 7:11 AM
LOL

Yeah, extra lines in the badwords file are bad.. and having an empy file with a censor word in the config file basically causes it to censor "spaces".

There really needs to be a check in place for that. That issue is pretty common.
Posted By: Daemon_dup1 Re: Urgent Help please - 03/01/2003 2:31 PM
ok well at least I know why my board messed up now, thanks
© UBB.Developers