UBB.Dev
Posted By: jonlevine User Groups and Subscription Emails - 03/18/2003 6:39 PM
My site has been free to register up to this point and anyone that had registered was placed in the Users group. I'm now starting to charge a subscription fee for my site and anyone that pays will be moved into a different group with the Users group no longer having access.

My question is: Will the members who are in the Users group still receive their subscription emails (if they signed up for them) even if they do not have access to the forum itself? If they do, is there anyway to stop them from receiving these emails (other than manually, I have 6300 members in the Users group)?

Thanks.
Posted By: Dave_L_dup1 Re: User Groups and Subscription Emails - 03/18/2003 10:35 PM
[6.2.3]

I just looked at cron/php/subscriptions.php and cron/perl/subscriptions.pl. They both have checks to prevent emailing posts to users who do not have read access to the boards containing the posts. The code looks ok, but I haven't actually tested it to verify that it works correctly for your situation.
Posted By: jonlevine Re: User Groups and Subscription Emails - 03/19/2003 8:13 PM
Ok, thanks Dave. I'll find out in about two weeks if it works or not, that's when we go totally subscription.
© UBB.Developers