UBB.Dev
Posted By: kaspar Something weird when loading pages - 04/08/2003 7:25 PM
A couple of users have told me that their threads don't load all the way. Meaning that the Extra Information box never gets loaded and sometimes not even all the messages in the thread get shown. For instance a thread has 10 posts, when they click on it, all they see is 2 posts. And it just ends. No indication of more posts or anything else.

At first I didn't understand what they meant, so I had them send screenshots, and it's exactly as they say. Extra Information box is missing and posts are missing as well.

I had them refresh the page, clear the cookies, and check every possible setting but they still get this error.

Any one have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Here is one of the screenshots

[]http://forum.canopus.com/images/screenshots/screenshot3.jpg[/]
Posted By: Dalantech Re: Something weird when loading pages - 04/08/2003 10:48 PM
Have you tried becoming one of the users who is having the problem and then take a look at the posts to see if you are having the same problem?

I think it's due to the page not finishing to load, like a possible path problem between the user and your web server, or it's a browser issue.
Posted By: kaspar Re: Something weird when loading pages - 04/09/2003 3:07 AM
I tried becoming the users and I don't get the error. I think you are correct in saying that it's not finish loading. Perhaps they are only using dialup and our graphic intensive site may be timing them out. I'll look into it. Thanks for the input.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Something weird when loading pages - 04/09/2003 3:26 AM
I had wondered if the page or PHP was timing out generating the page. But it may be on the user's end.

Check the images in that thread.... including face pics. If someone has a super huge (filesize) face pic... it could really slow down their load time.
Posted By: RandyJG Re: Something weird when loading pages - 04/09/2003 1:02 PM
Have you altered the showflat template much to maybe have table problems? Does it do this in thread view and other pages, or just the one page?
Posted By: kaspar Re: Something weird when loading pages - 04/09/2003 6:47 PM
Nothing more than some of the hacks from this board when it comes to the showflat template. I have asked them to try the threaded view to see if it still happens but they have not responded yet. I'm still think it is somehow a combination of big graphics and slow connection. But I'm not too worried about it now, since it seems more to be a connection problem rather than something gone amiss on my end. Thanks
© UBB.Developers