UBB.Dev
Posted By: Hal9000 Password Recovery - 04/18/2003 6:53 AM
It seems that one user of my board ,don't have a life and causes problems to others. He keeps filling the forget password form and confuses them by changing the password. Is there any way to avoid this situation?
I tried to change the e-mail setting which displays in the posts ,but even if I enter a username and a fake email address, ubbt keeps sending an e-mail which changes the password
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Password Recovery - 04/18/2003 7:02 AM
The password recovery does not change the password. It adds a new tempory password which also works for login.

All your users can login using their existing password. Nothing gets changed.

The email they receive even says "If you did not request this, please ignore this message.".

So it's designed so that's not possible.

Tell them all just to ignore the emails and login normally.
Posted By: Hal9000 Re: Password Recovery - 04/18/2003 7:11 AM
Ok thanks
I knew it but my users think that it changes it. It's really a pitty that this user can't find something else to spend his time.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Password Recovery - 04/18/2003 7:13 AM
You could ban them..... then add the check ban function to the login/logout page. Then they couldn't do it anymore.
Posted By: Hal9000 Re: Password Recovery - 04/18/2003 7:18 AM
He keeps changing ip's and he's making everyday new accounts. He has a serious problem for sure. No life
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Password Recovery - 04/18/2003 7:23 AM
Ack - yes. WEll then you could remove the lost password featue from the templates, and require that people contact you for password resets.
Posted By: Hal9000 Re: Password Recovery - 04/18/2003 7:27 AM
[]JoshPet said:
Ack - yes. WEll then you could remove the lost password featue from the templates, and require that people contact you for password resets. [/]

I'll see . Don't want to give him more attention . Thanks for your suggestions
© UBB.Developers