UBB.Dev
Posted By: Raconteur_dup1 Make an existing post new again... - 04/23/2003 10:11 PM
Hi gang,

I have a post that is a running list of all the mods/work I have done to our site. It is a good place for people to check and see what is new, but the post is never new after I edit it.

Is there a way to do this or does it require some hacking??
Posted By: AKD96 Re: Make an existing post new again... - 04/24/2003 1:03 AM
Why not just make it sticky and "bump" it whenever you've added something new? When you want to "bump" it a second time, just delete the previous "bump".
Posted By: Raconteur_dup1 Re: Make an existing post new again... - 04/24/2003 1:07 AM
It is sticky, and I have a chronological list of the mods and enhancements... will "bumping" it make it new?? How do I "bump" it?
Posted By: AKD96 Re: Make an existing post new again... - 04/24/2003 1:22 AM
"Bumping" is replying to a thread just to "bump" it up the list as having a new post. For example, just type in "Bump" as a reply. This way, the thread will be marked as having changed since a user last read it.
Posted By: Raconteur_dup1 Re: Make an existing post new again... - 04/24/2003 1:24 AM
That's kinda hokey... there has to be a more elegant way to do this.
Posted By: AKD96 Re: Make an existing post new again... - 04/24/2003 1:50 AM

There must be a SQL command that will change the date of the post. That could be incorporated into some kind of button. You could click on it to update the time and date of the post to the current time and date. But I don't know SQL all that well.
Posted By: Raconteur_dup1 Re: Make an existing post new again... - 04/24/2003 1:56 AM
That's not a bad idea... I can do that... just hoping there was some feature already built in that I was unaware of. Hate re-inventing the wheel...

Thanks!
Posted By: AKD96 Re: Make an existing post new again... - 04/24/2003 2:28 AM
De nada mister!
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Make an existing post new again... - 04/24/2003 2:39 AM
But I don't know if the new post thing works by date. Because you can have old posts that aren't read, and still marked as new.

I'm not 100% sure how it works.... but it's tracked for each user, and not dependant on the date.
Posted By: omegatron Re: Make an existing post new again... - 04/24/2003 2:42 AM
Maybe change the unixtimestamp so it is new for everyone. That would be stored in the B_Posted field.
© UBB.Developers