UBB.Dev
Posted By: Hal9000 Super booper moderator - 05/23/2003 6:52 PM
Is there any way to be able one moderator to have the ability to erase posts/topics from all the forums ?
Posted By: slayer60 Re: Super booper moderator - 05/23/2003 7:21 PM
I don't think you can do that. I think someone asked awhile back and the consensus was no. I looked through the modification index and didn't see anything like that in there. You can wade through the modification forum and see if there is anything there, because I don't think that all of the mods are in the index yet.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Super booper moderator - 05/23/2003 7:21 PM
It's been kind of on my list - but I never have had the time yet to make a "super moderator" mod.
Posted By: Hal9000 Re: Super booper moderator - 05/24/2003 9:51 AM
Josh you think it's difficult to make this mod?
I was thinking kind of an option with checkboxes where each of it represents a forum. So by choosing a moderator ,these checkboxes appears and you can make the choice in which he has full access.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Super booper moderator - 05/25/2003 3:35 AM
What I was thinking was a Mod to make someone a "mega mod" and it essentially added them to all forums. Then when you created a new forum, code would have to be added there to make sure that user was automatically a mod in that forum.

I think this is easier than trying to create a third type of user status - as that would modify MANY scripts and be a PITA to upgrade. Easier to just have a mod that automatically made someone a mod in every forum... and made sure that was always the case.

Option 2 is to make a second type of Administrator - that had restricted admin menu options.

It's been on one of my "when you get a chance" lists for a client.
© UBB.Developers