UBB.Dev
I would like to start a discussion about the best setup to run threads in a paid site

How to integrate htacces and threads. Would be nice to have utomatic logins to the board after entering the password protected folder

How to manage users, subscribers that pay with ibill, paypal, verotel?

How to manage renewals... people buying new subcriptiuons...

How to prevento users from sharing usernames aqnd passwords?

That kind of stuff

Interesting?
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Best setup for threads in paid areas - 07/28/2003 8:21 AM
Coming very soon - a complete Subscription Addon for UBB.Threads - called MySubscriptions.

It'll use PayPal subscription payment and allow "member forums" without having to use htaccess or additional logins. Everything works from their threads login.

I expect a couple more weeks for testing.... JustDave is almost done flusing out the final features.
Posted By: AKD96 Re: Best setup for threads in paid areas - 07/28/2003 10:41 PM
Can't wait!
Posted By: ericgtr Re: Best setup for threads in paid areas - 07/29/2003 12:27 AM
Sounds great! Now all I have to do is figure out what to charge people for []http://www.vhfans.com/boards/images/graemlins/headscratch.gif[/]
Posted By: AKD96 Re: Best setup for threads in paid areas - 07/29/2003 12:58 AM
[]ericgtr said:
Sounds great! Now all I have to do is figure out what to charge people for []http://www.vhfans.com/boards/images/graemlins/headscratch.gif[/] [/]

LOL! Why, screenshots, of course!
Posted By: slayer60 Re: Best setup for threads in paid areas - 07/29/2003 4:30 AM
LMAO
I looked at you script and it is fantastic.
Only problem, for me, is that only a small percentage of my paying members use Paypal.

I mostly use Ibill.com and Verotel

I have an option for Paypal but people do not seem to pick it as a main payment form...
Posted By: Geoffro Re: Best setup for threads in paid areas - 08/11/2003 5:27 AM
Josh,

Any word on how this project is coming along? It sounds like EXACTLY what my organization needs!

Posted By: JoshPet Re: Best setup for threads in paid areas - 08/11/2003 5:41 AM
We're working on it.

I've been poking JustDave with a sharp stick this weekend and we're trying to push it into some private beta testing on one of my sites before we go live.

I've done some testing of it myself the other night and it seems to be working great. Dave is finishing up the backend scripts.

Then infopop will be giving it the once over before we make it publically available.

Stay tuned....
Posted By: Geoffro Re: Best setup for threads in paid areas - 08/11/2003 5:46 AM
Outstanding!! Let me know if you need any testers. I'm in the process of converting our Invision board. We're moving to a paid membership. Check it out www.OldPreMeds.org

Thanks again!

Geoff
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Best setup for threads in paid areas - 08/11/2003 5:47 AM
Very nice.... cool color scheme too.
Posted By: ksanuk Re: Best setup for threads in paid areas - 08/16/2003 4:23 PM
Hi,

Would not mind checking this one out either.

Sanuk!
Posted By: msula Re: Best setup for threads in paid areas - 08/16/2003 4:49 PM
Josh and JustDave are my heros Paypal is great.. but being able to tie in regular credit card processing (ie. Authorize.net) would be worth a few hundred dollars IMO
Posted By: ksanuk Re: Best setup for threads in paid areas - 08/18/2003 11:45 AM
Hi,

"but being able to tie in regular credit card processing (ie. Authorize.net) would be worth a few hundred dollars IMO"
Absolutely! At the moment we only accept credit cards.

Got severely pissed off at PayPal when they refused to let me sign up since I live in Thailand. PayPal did not allow me to enter a Thai billing address.

Sanuk!
Posted By: Honda Guru Re: Best setup for threads in paid areas - 08/18/2003 1:53 PM
Another option is to use existing php scripts to control forum access and charge for subscriptions. I have been researching this heavily for an upcoming website and I plan on using aMember Pro.

It is a robust subscription/membership type program with support for many payment processors. The program runs $99 and Alex will install it for free on your server within 24 hours (if requested). To control Threads access you need the UBBT plug-in @ $40.

You can read more about aMember here:
http://www.cgi-central.net/scripts/amember

Happy Threading...
Thanks
That looks good
Will it work with Ibill.com and Verotel.com ???
Posted By: ksanuk Re: Best setup for threads in paid areas - 08/20/2003 4:33 AM
Hi,

Thanks. Contacted the author explaining our need and he confirmed that it can do what we require.

Sanuk!
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Best setup for threads in paid areas - 08/20/2003 5:37 AM
Just to update progress on our product....
although we will offer just PayPal to start.
After that we'll probably work on NoChex and 2CheckOut then go from there.

We have begun private beta testing and it's going well. We need to finish up a few cosmetic things in the admin scripts. But if all goes well, we expect to have the product available within 2 weeks.

You can see the list of features and product information at www.ThreadsAddons.com

Posted By: Honda Guru Re: Best setup for threads in paid areas - 08/20/2003 8:10 AM
[]janedoe said:
Thanks
That looks good
Will it work with Ibill.com and Verotel.com ???
[/]

I think it would be best to ask these questions on the aMember forum...
Posted By: ksanuk Re: Best setup for threads in paid areas - 08/21/2003 10:02 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the link & update.

A question if I may, one of the things we require is that the restricted areas of our paysite (which runs on a different server) use the same database (i.e. user/pwd) as the message board. Can your software handle this?

Sanuk!
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Best setup for threads in paid areas - 08/21/2003 10:55 AM
This uses Threads Groups for access. So if your stuff can authenticate to threads - it would work.

Basically if group #5 is the paid group - when a user pays, it puts them into group #5 within threads. From there, you can restrict them from viewing forums, using features (with some hacking) or photopost (again using the threads groups).

So it's not really like htaccess, and there's no separate user database. It's all tied to threads.
Posted By: ksanuk Re: Best setup for threads in paid areas - 08/22/2003 4:12 AM
Hi,

"This uses Threads Groups for access. So if your stuff can authenticate to threads - it would work."

Did some testing with this a couple days back and I got it to work, but only for files on the same server. No clue how to include a file that resides on a different server.

(Our site and board run on different servers)

Anyway, thanks for the explanation.

Sanuk!
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Best setup for threads in paid areas - 08/26/2003 4:31 PM
For anyone who's interested in this we have our Product Demo online for our PayPal subscription module.

You can try it out at http://www.threadsaddons.com

looks good
does it also work for "lifetime subscription"?

thanks
Posted By: smilesforu Re: Best setup for threads in paid areas - 09/01/2003 5:12 AM
Very impressive!!
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Best setup for threads in paid areas - 09/01/2003 8:11 AM
integration with infocentral would be a very good idea
© UBB.Developers