UBB.Dev
Posted By: slayer60 Improved search - 08/13/2003 10:06 PM
What mods do I need to install to get my search results to look like the search here. I installed YASM, as it was the only search mod I saw listed installed here, but I don't have the summary of the post displayed in my results.

Thanks.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Improved search - 08/13/2003 10:11 PM
The summary is part of Dalantech's templates.
Posted By: slayer60 Re: Improved search - 08/13/2003 10:36 PM
Oh, cool, I will have to get those installed. I was planning on doing the facelift. Good to know thats part of it.

Thanks
Posted By: TonyN Re: Improved search - 08/13/2003 11:07 PM
hmm...is that right, Josh? Now I'm ! I have the facelift installed, but it doesn't show that extract. I must have something mixed up! Tony
Posted By: Ian_W Re: Improved search - 08/14/2003 1:31 AM
On the subject of searches being improved - at one site, before you do a search it lists the last dozen or so searches made by people (usernames not shown, just the keywords) - so if it is a popular request, you can click on that persons previous search and search under his or her keywords.

Saves time, especially on common searches - and also encourages others to use the facility more - they might spot a keyword that interests them, and off they go on another trawl through the forums

I haven't seen this anywhere else, and was impressed by it.
Posted By: luuker Re: Improved search - 08/14/2003 6:43 PM
I don't know if you are talking about same thing (yeah, I'm stupid, so sue me. ), but any way..

What I'd have to install that I'd get separate Words to search for and By username search.

I installed YASM but no luck.

If it is part of Dalantech's templates. What parts of it I have to install to get it working.

The whole package is too much work for me.

I'm too s l o w . . .

Thanks again!
Posted By: slayer60 Re: Improved search - 08/14/2003 6:53 PM
I installed YASM and the Facelift(you only need to do the dosearch.php part of YASM) and I have that. So that should be all you need.

Here is the link to the Facelift.
That should take care of what you need.
Posted By: luuker Re: Improved search - 08/15/2003 12:46 PM
So if I have to install all templates to get 2 variables search?

I've done mods to templates and I'm too lazy to first install new templates and the do the mods again.

Posted By: JoshPet Re: Improved search - 08/15/2003 7:51 PM
No just the search pages as slayer said.
Posted By: slayer60 Re: Improved search - 08/18/2003 3:53 PM
Of Coarse when I did it, I installed YASM and then the facelift, so I hacked my templates and then replaced them with the facelift templates.
Posted By: luuker Re: Improved search - 08/19/2003 8:24 AM
All right, now it works!

Thanks again!

This site rocks!

© UBB.Developers