UBB.Dev
Posted By: dman_dup1 Delete this thread button - 08/27/2003 2:19 AM
I was blindsided this morning again with some trouble that happened on my forum last night about a thread that was deleted by one of the mods. This is not the first time this has happened. The mods delete the thread instead of moving it to a deleted threads forum that I set up so I know who said what. What file(s)exactly do I have to edit to get rid of the "delete this thread" button so they will be forced to move it instead?

I'm sorry, ver 6.2.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Delete this thread button - 08/27/2003 2:49 AM
You can look for this:

<input type="submit" name="peditdelete" value="{$ubbt_lang['PEDIT_DELETE']}" class="buttons">

In the /templates/default/editpost_nopoll.tmpl and edtipost_withpoll.tmpl template files. That's the button.
Posted By: dman_dup1 Re: Delete this thread button - 08/27/2003 3:32 AM
Thanks man! Always a help.
BTW I sent some business your way and I see you helped them out!
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Delete this thread button - 08/27/2003 3:40 AM
Thanks.
Posted By: dman_dup1 Re: Delete this thread button - 08/27/2003 3:43 AM
LOL it worked like a charm. The "delete this post" button is gone but I wanted to get rid of the "delete this thread" button.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Delete this thread button - 08/27/2003 3:51 AM
Doah -

In the edipost_manage_finish.tmpl file.... remove or comment out this:

Code
 <br /><td> <br /><form method="post" action="{$config['phpurl']}/modifypost.php"> <br /><input type="hidden" name="Main" value="$Main" /> <br /><input type="hidden" name="Option" value="single" /> <br /><input type="hidden" name="Board" value="$Board" /> <br /><input type="hidden" name="page" value="$page" /> <br /><input type="hidden" name="view" value="$view" /> <br /><input type="hidden" name="what" value="$what" /> <br /><input type="hidden" name="sb" value="$sb" /> <br /><input type="hidden" name="o" value="$o" /> <br /><input type="hidden" name="fpart" value="$fpart" /> <br /><input type="hidden" name="vc" value="$vc" /> <br /><input type="hidden" name="from" value="thread" /> <br /><input type="submit" name="deletethread" value="{$ubbt_lang['DELETE_THREAD']}" class="buttons" /> <br /></form> <br /></td> <br />

Posted By: dman_dup1 Re: Delete this thread button - 08/27/2003 4:20 AM
You are the man! Thanks!
© UBB.Developers