UBB.Dev
Posted By: coloradok5 Log in problems? - 09/04/2003 6:22 AM
Over the last week or so a lot of my users can log in and it takes them to the "my home" section, then if they try to leave that area it says "login name/password" not found..

Any idea's, this just started, so think it has something to do with my server but I dunno? Anything my users can do or I can do?
Posted By: Allusivekudos Re: Log in problems? - 09/04/2003 6:57 AM
That's a bad cookie thing, have them use the clear cookies.
Posted By: coloradok5 Re: Log in problems? - 09/04/2003 7:38 AM
I'm still running 6.2.3 so I don't have that option, I have been telling people to delete their cookies but that doesn't work for everyone.
Posted By: Ian_W Re: Log in problems? - 09/04/2003 8:19 AM
There is a coopkiepal mod that JustDave wrote that will work for your version - you can create a link to it in the footer. I've got to dash off out in a moment (Daughters first day at her new school ) - but do a search for cookiepal and you should find it.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Log in problems? - 09/04/2003 7:37 PM
Also could be a date/time issue on their end.
Posted By: coloradok5 Re: Log in problems? - 09/04/2003 8:21 PM
[]JoshPet said:
Also could be a date/time issue on their end. [/]

Yeah, I had a few of those to Anyway, I just installed this mod so maybe it can help some of my people.
Hehe, I always wanted to say "some of my people" makes me sound like I own my own country.
Posted By: slayer60 Re: Log in problems? - 09/04/2003 8:56 PM
Or that you are a mob boss. Don't go against the family or we'll send this guy. To do this to you.
Posted By: coloradok5 Re: Log in problems? - 09/05/2003 5:31 AM
That little dude is a bad mofo.
Posted By: AKD96 Re: Log in problems? - 09/05/2003 2:39 PM
Make sure you're consitant with your links. I.e., they're all either with or without the www part.
Posted By: luuker Re: Log in problems? - 09/05/2003 8:05 PM
I've found out that when "some of my people" have difficulties logging in this works:

Go somewhere else. Delete cookies. Close browser. Try again.

I don't know why.
© UBB.Developers