UBB.Dev
Posted By: Ortiz Where'd the threads go? - 10/20/2003 11:08 PM
You can query to see that all the posts are there in the database, but none show up in the forum.

Sorry if that's not info, if more is needed, plz let me know (not sure what else I can tell ya tho lol). I wanna see if I can fix this before he (Webmaestro) gets back online

**EDIT**
Well so much for that idea. As soon as I posted it he got back haha
Posted By: ericgtr Re: Where'd the threads go? - 10/20/2003 11:19 PM
Pruned maybe? This is from Josh

<josh>
Admin -> edit or delete a forum

Choose a forum - set it to show posts from all dates.

You'll have to do that for each forum... sounds like you have your forum default at 2 weeks
</josh>
Posted By: Ortiz Re: Where'd the threads go? - 10/20/2003 11:30 PM
Didn't work

Lookin at it though, it's random posts that show up. None of the newest ones are showing up, neither is the oldest one...
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Where'd the threads go? - 10/20/2003 11:33 PM
Are you missing any users or are they by user numbers which are not in the Users table. If things are missing then the table joins will fail and they will not be displayed.

One missing user (from database corruption etc...) can make threads disappear until the user number is replaced.
Posted By: Ortiz Re: Where'd the threads go? - 10/20/2003 11:39 PM
Not sure if that's it either because we got lots of posts not appearing from up-to-date users; including Webmaestro.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Where'd the threads go? - 10/20/2003 11:54 PM
But if one user in the thread is missing from the User's table- the whole thread would not appear, as the table joins fail.
Posted By: Ortiz Re: Where'd the threads go? - 10/21/2003 11:15 AM
Okie, the query result from the first query I had I noticed contained the PosterId. Is there a query to resolve the PosterId to a display name?

Posted By: RandyJG Re: Where'd the threads go? - 10/21/2003 4:45 PM
Do you have posts within the range that is displayed?
ie: Are you selecting to show all posts, or just from last 2 days?
Posted By: AKD96 Re: Where'd the threads go? - 10/21/2003 5:22 PM
Crisis averted. Seems the posts weren't really added after all.
© UBB.Developers