UBB.Dev
Posted By: Harold Admin link - 10/21/2003 7:04 PM
I'm trying to get the demo version up and running before buying a threads license, or paying someone else to do the install. My problem is that after I log into my admin account, the link for admin will either give me a server error or no permission to view page. (I've been playing with permissions with no luck.) I think I have the permissions messed up in the admin directory and it's files. What should the permissions be set to? Any other thoughts on this problem?

Thanks.

EDIT: I forgot my link.

www.haroldandrews.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php
Posted By: slayer60 Re: Admin link - 10/21/2003 9:17 PM
For the files in the admin foler you should be fine with 644, aka rw-r--r--

For the folder itself, 755, aka rwxr-xr-x
Posted By: slayer60 Re: Admin link - 10/21/2003 9:22 PM
I just noticed that you are running version 6.2 demo. When did you download this? Does anyone know if that is the newest demo version?

BTW, if that lets you get into the admin panel, you will need to make the change in config to get rid of the double slash.
http://www.haroldandrews.com//ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?Cat=

Perhaps editing the config file manually to eliminate the double slash is what is necessary.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Admin link - 10/21/2003 10:36 PM
That is the latest demo.

Looks like permissions on the /admin directory and the files inside.
Posted By: Harold Re: Admin link - 10/22/2003 10:00 AM
I downloaded it a month or two ago, I believe. Another board that I was on shut down a week ago, and I'm trying to put up a replacement.

Thanks, I'll give a try.
Posted By: Harold Re: Admin link - 10/22/2003 11:32 AM
Thanks guys! That did the trick. I'm afraid I'll be warming up my credit card soon to upgrade to the full version.

Posted By: JoshPet Re: Admin link - 10/22/2003 9:18 PM

Welcome to UBB.Threads.
Posted By: Harold Re: Admin link - 10/23/2003 6:29 PM
Thanks Josh. I just downloaded the upgrade. There's a bunch of cool mods here that I want to use. I'm glad to have run into you.
Posted By: slayer60 Re: Admin link - 10/23/2003 6:57 PM
Yeah, Josh is the man and Scream is his apprentice. OK, maybe Scream isn't exactly his apprentice.

Welcome. There are alot of very knowledgable people around here. I hope to someday be one of them.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Admin link - 10/23/2003 9:33 PM
he he

I still worship the ground that scream walks on. <- My .threads hero.

<- him too.

© UBB.Developers