UBB.Dev
Posted By: slayer60 Attachment with email notification - 11/14/2003 8:08 PM
Does anyone know what would be done to make this hack send the attachment with the post notification?
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Attachment with email notification - 11/17/2003 4:32 AM
eek that'd be a nice way to send out some viruses, let me know if you find out if it works
Posted By: slayer60 Re: Attachment with email notification - 11/17/2003 5:19 PM
Well, my board is a private board that only members of our orginization can post to. There is a serious qualification process before a member is even assigned an ID. We are a comunity of independant consultants. If one of our members did post a virus then they would loose thier membership. Its a white paper repository that I want to do this for, so that when a new white paper is posted, it is distributed to anyone who is subscribed to that forum.

If anyone know where to start with this I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks.
Posted By: slayer60 Re: Attachment with email notification - 11/21/2003 6:02 PM
Anyone think that this could be done without extensive coding? Or can some at least give me a nudge in the right direction? Or even be able to put a link to the attachment in the email?

I'm currently running 6.3.1, but I plan to upgrade to 6.4 as soon as it is final.
Posted By: Astaran Re: Attachment with email notification - 11/22/2003 2:03 PM
I made a hack to put the link to the attachment into the email.
I wouldn't recommend to attach it. It only results in full mailboxes. The files is available on the webserver anyway, so just linking that file is the better choice, in my opinion.
My hack works with 6.3.1 but isn't documented yet.
Posted By: slayer60 Re: Attachment with email notification - 11/24/2003 5:08 PM
Astaran, I think you are right about going with the link. It does seem more efficent and you don't have to worry about the bouncebacks from full mailboxes so much. If you could put someething together I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jeff
© UBB.Developers