UBB.Dev
Someone created a mod that tracks users with multiple accounts by placing a cookie and notifying the admin if the person logs in under another name. I can't find it anywhere. Can anyone help? Hopefully it works for 6.2.1.

Also, what happens for users with dynamic IP's, aol users, etc? lots of false alarms?

thanks!
You can get it here:
https://www.ubbdev.com/forum/showflat.php?Number=90038

It may be a good idea to use a table to store the info instead of sending PMs all the time. I did this, aswell as a search form, for version 6.3.2. But it's still undocumented and unreleased.

You want get false alarms because of dynamic ips. That's the advantage of using cookies.
hmm. what happens when the people delete the cookies on their computer?
If they delete the cookies they can fool you. But if they log to two or more account using the same cookie you will find out.
If you use it in conjunction with Astaran's 'Search IPs' mod, then that's about the best you can really do.

https://www.ubbdev.com/forum/showflat...5/o/all/fpart/1

Of course, a user could use a proxy to fool this one as well, but not everyone would know how.

Also, a user with a dynamic IP would still present uncertainties, but at least you can narrow down a potential suspect using the % wildcard
I installed the tracking cookie hack, and when I tested it, the pm I got had a blank subject, which means I can't open it. I was a little unsure of the "generic.php" part of the instructions, and placed the supplied code at the end (right before the ?>) of the file. So, any idea where I went wrong? Or how about exactly WHERE should the supplied go in the generic.php file?
I've seen this be a glitch sometimes, depending on the user - the language file doesn't get properly included.

Try inserting those 4 or 5 language strings, just above the modification in ubbt.inc.php and that'll solve the issue. There seems to be some cases where it kicks into effect before the generic language file gets included.
So, do I need to pull the mod out of the generic.php file? Or leave "as is"? Did I guess correctly on it's location in said file?

Oh, and it's 6.2.3
Yeah, it doesn't matter. You can leave it in the generic or remove it. But you had it right. I've just seen oddities with that as well. And if you really don't need the multilingal thing - then in essence putting the text strings in ubbt.inc.php will "hard code" the language to english for those notifications. But that's probably what you want anyway.
© UBB.Developers