UBB.Dev
Posted By: smoknz28 Mail Test Code (passing along) - 01/11/2004 7:41 PM
A friend of mine sent me a good code to test out on your server to ensure that emails are being sent out. In the past I've had problems with my web host where the server was not sending out emails. He had made a number of changes just before the server stopped sending out emails and it created a huge nightmare for me because I couldn't force users to verify their email address prior to being approved for registration.

This code seems to work well. I'm no PHP 'Buff' by any means. This is code that was passed along to me by a friend in order to verify that the server is sending out emails outside it's domain.

PHP 'Buffs', please feel free to comment on this code and maybe there are some enhancements to be made on it. I'm just passing it along as it may help others out there who were in the same predicament as myself.

mailtest.php
---------------------------
<html><head><title>PHP Mail Tester</title></head>
<body>
<?php

extract($HTTP_GET_VARS);

if ($address=="") {

echo "<form action="mailtest.php" method=get><p>Address to email: <input type=text name=address></p>";
echo "<p><input type=submit value="Send email"></p>";

} else {

$subject = "Testing mail() function";
$message = "This is a test email";

mail($address,$subject,$message,"From: "Mail Test" <$address>");

echo "<p>Mail sent. Were any errors shown? If there were, mail is probably not set up correctly.</p>";

}

?>
</body>
</html>
-----------------------------------
© UBB.Developers