UBB.Dev
I have an account in the user database, user #2, and I can't see it when I do a search, but it's there (looking up a user, changing the usernumber to 2 in the URL reveals a profile). How do I delete that user for good?

I searched for anything related to this and didn't see anything.

TIA.

-bob
www.vintage-mustang.com
#2 is the "super admin" for the board. It's used internally a number of places, so you should not delete it as it'll create some issues if it's missing.
user 2 is the super user for the board. There are some things tied to that user so it is not a good idea to delete it.
I'd like to make sure that it's at least inactive or for sure under my control - any ideas on that? It doesn't come up on a 'search/edit users' search in the admin tool but you can get a profile on it...

-bob
No you cannot edit it. Try a query like this:

UPDATE w3t_Users
SET U_Username = 'BoardAdmin',
U_LoginName = 'BoardAdmin',
U_Email = '[email protected]'
WHERE U_Number = 2

Substitue your email address above.

Then logout, and use the lost password feature to request a password for the user 'BoardAdmin'. once you get that, login and change the password to something only you know.
Josh: Thanks a ton! This place is great - I always feel bad popping in and asking my silly little questions but you guys are great!

Thanks again. Nice to have that account under my control for sure.

-bob

I am having the same issue with user #2. However, user #2 is not with our company any more and I would like to take over that profile and bocome that super user since I am the main administrator (still, the welcome message to our new members indicates the message is coming from the old user #2).

Will that query work and where should I go to input that?

Can my existing profile become user #2 in place of the one there now?

At that point, may I delete user #2?

I look forward to hearing from you, and I am so happy to have found you. The tips on Threadsdev have been a lifesaver so far in such a short time!

I am using UBB.threads 6.3
Do NOT delete user #2. That's why it's setup so you can't delete it through the admin panel. There's some problems if you're missing it.

Changing your account to that is complicated and involves queries to every table to update stuff and change usernumbers. Not worth the hassle.

I'd use the query above to set it to something you can control.

Admin -> SQL Query
© UBB.Developers