UBB.Dev
Posted By: Honda Guru Problem Setting Up Group Permissions ?? - 01/29/2004 1:09 AM
Gang,

I am relatively new to the Threads environment and so far have been able to figure it out on the fly by reading and the intuitive nature of Threads. But now I am stumped...

Here is my delima

I have added ten new groups to my site. I have added many new forums to the site. Eight of the new groups are behaving as I expected, but two of them have not.

I have two groups that when given "Read & Write" privlidges in a forum will not have "Reply" privlidges in that forum. The other eight groups when given "Read & Write" privlidges in the same forums will have "Reply" privlidges. This behavior is consistent in every forum.

Am I missing something... I have scoured the forum config screen and site config screen looking for a clue. I am stumped. How can two groups in a given forum be given "Read & Write" privlidges and one end up with "Reply" privlidges and one not????

Any help on this is appreciated

Edit: I went ahead and opened a trouble ticket with Infopop on this. They are looking into it. Thanks anyway...
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Problem Setting Up Group Permissions ?? - 01/29/2004 5:57 AM
I set your forum up - if infopop hasn't looked at it yet, email me a specific example of what group/what forum isn't behaving right, I can take a look and see what might be wrong.
Josh,

I emailed you all the details. I should have sent it to you first, I am just getting antsy to finish the initial setup. I am just now getting back to the place I was a couple of days ago

Thanks again for your great work!

Later...
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Problem Setting Up Group Permissions ?? - 01/29/2004 6:52 AM
OK - this is a threads bug.

I have it fixed, but you'll need to reedit the forums to get all the permissions right again (as far as replys go).

Also cancel the ticket with infopop and tell them that I'll report the bug/fix.

Here's what was wrong.

The fields in the database for Bo_Read_Perm, and Bo_Write_Perm were varchar(250) meaning that they can hold 250 characters.

Prolly a typo in the createtable script, but the Bo_Reply_Perm field was only varchar(25) so the field just wasn't big enough to hold that many groups.

I adjusted it to the 250 size, so after you re-edit those affected boards permissions, it should have enough room to hold all the info.

Thanks,
Josh
SCHEZAM

I don't know how big the turkey is that Infopop sends you at Christmas, but it ain't big enough!

I will update the Infopop ticket now.

Again, thanks for da hustle!

Later...
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Problem Setting Up Group Permissions ?? - 01/29/2004 7:16 AM
Turkey... what turkey.

LOL
© UBB.Developers