UBB.Dev
Posted By: IOGCadam make html in posts work properly.. - 03/20/2004 2:46 AM
When i go to use html in posts it works sort of, what it does is display the html but only after where you have the original html code. it leaves a huge blank space where you originaly put the html and places the html after it. i guess my real question is how do i get it so there is no large blank spot. is it possible?
Posted By: RandyJG Re: make html in posts work properly.. - 03/20/2004 4:59 AM
ARe you posting with both HTMl and UBB? If so the new lines will insert <br>'s
Posted By: J.C. Re: make html in posts work properly.. - 03/20/2004 5:08 AM
This is a designed behavior ™ due to extraneous characters added by some html editors. If you look at the source view you will see a <br after every part of the html. The best way is to use notepad or a clean text editor to create the html. Then make the entire html page one long line.
Posted By: IOGCadam Re: make html in posts work properly.. - 03/20/2004 8:35 AM
thanks for the help, ya now that i think about it, it makes perfect sense. there was no <br> tags in there but just the line returns at the end of the line was doing it to me.
Posted By: Chevy454 Re: make html in posts work properly.. - 03/24/2004 5:57 PM
EDIT: I read, and re-read, JC's post above and it finally sunk in. Thanks for the help fellas...
Posted By: Rick Re: make html in posts work properly.. - 03/24/2004 6:02 PM
The problem is, that every newline character is converted into a break tag when you post. So, your code is going to end up looking something like:

<table>
<br />
<tr>
<br />
<td>
<br />
and so on.

All those break tags in between the table,tr,td tags are rendered outside of the table giving you a big gab at the top. So, when posting table stuff, you need to do it on one line:

<table><tr><td>blah blah blah</td><td>blah blah blah</td></tr></table>
Posted By: Rick Re: make html in posts work properly.. - 03/24/2004 6:02 PM
Ok, then you can disregard my post
© UBB.Developers