UBB.Dev
Posted By: jma Issue with everyone seeing polls - 05/20/2004 5:41 PM
Still having a problem with visitors not able to see my polls, even though I selected everyone can see. (3 options in IIP all set to '0') The poll and the radio buttons only appear when a registered user signs on. Take a look and any direction would be appreciated.
Joe.
Posted By: scroungr Re: Issue with everyone seeing polls - 05/20/2004 8:37 PM
okay I see this poll when I look at your page

Out of Take our Survey
"Will anybody miss hockey?"
Will you miss the NHL next year if players sit one out?
100%

Yes (2 votes)
0%

No (0 votes)
0%

Not sure (0 votes)
0%

What is the NHL? (0 votes)

so I see the poll.. send me a PM and I will take a deeper look.
Posted By: scroungr Re: Issue with everyone seeing polls - 05/21/2004 5:54 AM
okay everyone needs to check the configpal.php and make sure they have

// Who can vote in polls? 0=everyone 1=only registered users
\$whocanvote = "$whocanvote";

I sperated the ability to decide who votes on polls and who votes on entrance polls.. I figured people would want to restrict polls to members and allow anyone to vote on the entrance polls
Posted By: jma Re: Issue with everyone seeing polls - 05/28/2004 6:30 PM
Excellent advice, which I followed. Everything is in place on those files.

BUT -- I am still not certain that visitors to my site can see and actually take the poll from my entrance page.

All my options are set correctly with "0". SHOULD A VISITOR TO MY SITE BE ABLE TO SEE THE POLL AND SELECT THE RADIO BUTTON FROM MY ENTRANCE PAGE? (Registered users that log in can see the poll and take it from the Entrance Page.)

If it is not intended to be taken from Entrance, I humbly request that change.

I'd appreciate viewers going to the site and checking for me and then reporting back.

Regards,
Joe.
Posted By: scroungr Re: Issue with everyone seeing polls - 05/28/2004 7:02 PM
the way you have the options set now.. as an ANNOYMOUS user I see on YOUR site the poll and ANSWERS but cannot TAKE the poll.

Will the record high price of gas affect how much you drive this summer seaso
0%

Yes, I'll drive less. (0 votes)
50.00%

No impact. (1 votes)
50.00%

Not sure. (1 votes)
Posted By: jma Re: Issue with everyone seeing polls - 05/28/2004 10:20 PM
I guess that's my point. According to the settings, "who can take poll" is set to everyone, yet that isn't happening. Any thoughts??
Joe.
Posted By: scroungr Re: Issue with everyone seeing polls - 05/28/2004 11:20 PM
okay just looked and the file here is the same as mine. now then do the following in a customepalbox like I don;t know say 5 put the following

echo $whocanseepoll;
echo $whocanvote;

enable that box on the IIP admin put it anywhere on the page.. look at page in browser and see what those two variables echo. if nothing then they aren't getting set correctly and aren't available.

some machines don;t chew globals right so you may have to at the top of the pollpal.php just after the

$html = new html;
$date = $html -> get_date();

add

$whocanseepoll = 0;
$whocanvote = 0;

if it doesn;t work at that point let me know and we can work it so I can ftp into your box and try some troubleshooting.
© UBB.Developers