UBB.Dev
Is there a way to keep posts made in a certain forum, or category, from showing in the list posts made in the past 24 hours, 48 hours?

Thanks
The only way without modifying is to use group permissions. If that forum is part of a group that is denied access to that forum, then it won't appear in any of the searches either.
Thanks
I do not think the group solution will work.
I just do not want the off topic posts to show when people click on posts made in the past 24 hours / 48 hours / 7 days
I had to use some pretty tight moderation on my site in the tech support areas because I don't want a lot of off topic posting in sections where peeps are looking for answers...
Is there no way to keep the post in one category to show in the search?
I do not mind if people post in the off topic forums but when I search the post made in the past 24 hours i do not want to see that most of the results are off topic :-)
bump
is there a way with modifying?
You may want to start a topic about this in the V6 Modification Suggestions forum and see if anyone else has interest in it.
You can restrict all scripts to certain categories by adding Cat=1,2,4,8 etc.. into the URL.

So I supposed you could hardcode the Cat variables that you do want them to search into the recent post links.

The only trouble with that would be that then, every link you click after that would pass those same Cat variables - thus preventing them from seeing that category. If you're not using the Cat variables anywhere else, you could then just hardcode Cat=0 into the "Main Index" link so that they'd have an easy way back to see all forums.
© UBB.Developers