UBB.Dev
Posted By: Basil Fawlty How do I make HTML email the default? - 07/05/2004 7:13 PM
I am running Threads 6.4.2. Is there a way to make the default "email type" HTML. Currently when people register, the default choice in their profile for receiving emails is "Plain Text". I'd like to make the default HTML. Anyone know if this is possible and if so how?

Thanks

(I posted this over on the Threads forum a couple days ago but so far no replies so I thought I'd try here)

Basil
Posted By: Pappy Re: How do I make HTML email the default? - 07/05/2004 7:25 PM
it is one of the config options via the admin control panel config settings.
Posted By: Pasqualist Re: How do I make HTML email the default? - 07/05/2004 7:48 PM
[]Pappy said:
it is one of the config options via the admin control panel config settings. [/]

Don't you mean this option: "Allow users to turn on/off markup or html (if enabled) when they post" ? (which is for the posts, not email)

I also would like to change the default setting for newsletters to HTML, but couldn't find it in the config settings.
[]Pasqualist said:
[]Pappy said:
it is one of the config options via the admin control panel config settings. [/]

Don't you mean this option: "Allow users to turn on/off markup or html (if enabled) when they post" ? (which is for the posts, not email)

I also would like to change the default setting for newsletters to HTML, but couldn't find it in the config settings. [/]

No, I am NOT talking about the "Allow users to turn on/off markup or html (if enabled) when they post:. I am talking about the user's preference for whether emails they accept from the admin are in HTML or in Plain Text. Currently it seems to be set to "Plain Text" when someone new registers. I would like to set it to HTML by default. I like to send my users HTML newsletters and if they have that set to plain text, they get all the HTML code in when I send an HTML email (it doesn;t strip out the HTML code, it just shows up as raw code in the email they receive. So, I would like to make the default HTML.

ANy ideas?

Basil
Posted By: Anno Re: How do I make HTML email the default? - 07/06/2004 3:46 PM
In editemail.php search for

Code
  <br />// ------------------------------------<br />// Receive emails in plain text or HTML<br />	if ($emailformat == "HTML") {<br />		$htmlformat = "checked=\"checked\"";<br />	}<br />	else {<br />		$plaintext = "checked=\"checked\"";<br />	}<br />

and replace with

Code
  <br />// ------------------------------------<br />// Receive emails in plain text or HTML<br />	if ($emailformat == "plaintext") {<br />		$plaintext = "checked=\"checked\"";<br />	}<br />	else {<br />		$htmlformat = "checked=\"checked\"";<br />	}<br /><br />
Posted By: Anno Re: How do I make HTML email the default? - 07/06/2004 3:49 PM
If you want to update all users to HTML, you will have to run this query:

update w3t_Users SET U_EmailFormat = 'HTML';
Posted By: Pasqualist Re: How do I make HTML email the default? - 07/06/2004 11:14 PM
Thanks a lot Anno!
Anno, I think that's what I was looking for - thanks!
Basil
© UBB.Developers