UBB.Dev
Posted By: shortbus help, stupid header error.... - 08/30/2004 11:20 PM
can someone please help me stop this madness? It only appears sometimes. Then, at other times, it just won't go away!!!!!!!!

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nurse/ultimatenurse.com/www/ubbthreads/templates/default/ubbt_header.tmpl:9) in /home/nurse/ultimatenurse.com/www/ubbthreads/ubbt.inc.php on line 698
Posted By: Twisty Re: help, stupid header error.... *DELETED* - 08/31/2004 7:22 AM
Post deleted by Twisty
Posted By: JoshPet Re: help, stupid header error.... - 08/31/2004 7:25 AM
I found and fixed it.
Posted By: mstram Re: help, stupid header error.... - 08/31/2004 11:58 PM
[]JoshPet said:
I found and fixed it. [/]

Is there any one thing that causes that error?

I've just started experimenting with the demo version of ubb threads, to learn some php/mysql.

It seems that I get that error when I insert print or echo "debug" statements in the code.

Where does that message come from? The ubbthreads code ? ... or internally from php ?

Mike
Posted By: JoshPet Re: help, stupid header error.... - 09/01/2004 12:28 AM
Sending any output before the cookies are set for the page will result in these errors. Often it's blank spaces.

That's a PHP rule - you can't have any output before the cookies are set.
Posted By: mstram Re: help, stupid header error.... - 09/01/2004 1:29 AM
>Sending any output before the cookies are set for the page will result in these errors. That's a PHP rule

Ok thx.

I just read the setcookie and header manual pages, which both talk about that rule.

Mike
© UBB.Developers