UBB.Dev
Posted By: Feffer Number of Users and Newest Member - 09/09/2004 2:20 AM
Got another one for you gurus!

I deleted three accounts including the newest member (last one to sign up) but it's still showing the old number of members and the (now deleted) newest member. This is on 6.5b6. Any hints on why?
Posted By: ericgtr Re: Number of Users and Newest Member - 09/09/2004 2:31 AM
I believe that information is cached so give it an hour or so and see if it updates.
Posted By: Twisty Re: Number of Users and Newest Member - 09/09/2004 2:36 AM
[]Feffer said:
I deleted three accounts including the newest member (last one to sign up) but it's still showing the old number of members [/]

In regard to this specific question, I think that's normal behaviour actually.

The same thing applies to posts. If you delete a member's post, or if they delete it themselves, their post count doesn't decrease (I made a mod to correct this one btw).

*Edit*

I just checked and eric is correct, the user count does in fact decrease as it should.

Btw, if you check the admin panel -> user stats section, it'll give the uncached number.
Posted By: Feffer Re: Number of Users and Newest Member - 09/09/2004 2:58 AM
Well, the change was made yesterday and it's still showing the same number...
Posted By: Twisty Re: Number of Users and Newest Member - 09/09/2004 3:01 AM
It may be a bug in the new 6.5 beta then. I know it works correctly in 6.3 for example.

You can report bugs at Infopop's site btw.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Number of Users and Newest Member - 09/13/2004 6:35 AM
That info is only updated when new users registered. Not sure if (efficiency wise) you want to have to recalculate that when you delete a user - could be high load and defeat the purpose of a cache.

If you want to post it as a bug, it goes at www.ubbcentral.com
© UBB.Developers