UBB.Dev
Posted By: IOGCadam Privacy - 09/13/2004 6:56 PM
I am running forums version 6.4.3, And I want to make the forums a little more private. By that I mean that in the Who's Online page the title of the thread that your reading is displayed to others weither they have access to that forum or not. Is there a way to change it so that if the user does not have access to that thread it displays as "private" (I know if an admin is in the admin panel they are displayed as being "private")

IS there a setting in the admin panel that I have missed or does the who's online page need to be modified.
Posted By: IOGCadam Re: Privacy - 09/13/2004 8:31 PM
ok now i am a fool, I just realized that this is already built into the forums, but we we moved the on/off line from the editbasic.php. dont ask dont know why or when we did this. but thats not the problem, what variable in the database is associated with this so that I can run a query (also what should it be set to so that everyone is private)
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Privacy - 09/13/2004 9:21 PM
It does this already. Users won't see the titles of any threads that they don't have access to. If they don't have access - it shows as "Private".
Posted By: IOGC-Chris Re: Privacy - 09/14/2004 3:23 AM
ahhh I see, the confussion was due to the fact that admins apparently aren't affected by this. Just out off curiosity though what mySQL varable stores the info for "Show what forum/post this user is looking at in who's online?" and what should it be changed to to make it no for all members?

Thanks
Posted By: scroungr Re: Privacy - 09/14/2004 3:40 AM
actually its eaier than that.. if ya wanna disable it for everyone then in online.php find

$anonrow[$x]['What'] = $What;
$anonrow[$x]['Extra'] = $Extra;

and just remove both occurrences...
© UBB.Developers