UBB.Dev
Posted By: AllenEagle Red X instead of Graemlin - 09/15/2004 10:45 PM
Version 6.4.4

Under Remove a Graemlin there is a red x appearing as a graemlin. This was an image that was added and I believe had a special character in it. When I tried to remove it I get the following message.

“Unable to remove the graemlin from the graemlins directory. Please check permissions on the files in this directory and try again.”

I have checked and reset all permissions. Problem still exists.
I deleted all graemlins from the images/graemlin directory. Problem still exists.

I tried Edit a Graemlin and the markup string from this graemlin is present. Changing the markup results in no change.

The image is definitely not in the images/graemlin directory. The red x also appears under instant graemlin in post and reply.

How can I remove this red x/graemlin?
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Red X instead of Graemlin - 09/15/2004 10:47 PM
Crossposter

I answered you here:
http://www.ubbcentral.com/boards/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=38645
Posted By: AllenEagle Re: Red X instead of Graemlin - 09/15/2004 11:11 PM
Sorry. I did not know I wasn't to post my problem in both places. Just trying to solve a problem.

My mistake.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Red X instead of Graemlin - 09/16/2004 5:19 AM
No problem - just teasing you - and saving myself from typing twice.
Posted By: AllenEagle Re: Red X instead of Graemlin - 09/16/2004 5:28 AM
Thank you.

That's good to hear. You folks have been very helpful for this old newbie. I'm glad I did not out live my welcome.
Posted By: AllenEagle Re: Red X instead of Graemlin - 09/16/2004 5:55 AM
Mr. JoshPet,

Your help has proven once again to be top flight. I'll place it here in case someone else needs this instruction.

Your suggestion:

Type:

SELECT * FROM w3t_Graemlins

Note the G_Number of the graemlin you need to nuke.

Then run this query

DELETE FROM w3t_Graemlins WHERE G_Number = xxx

Where I have xxx put the number.

Then manually delete the file. I suspect it's got to do with special characters in the filename not getting encoded or something. I ran into this once before somewhere I think.

This worked like a charm.

You are a master of your craft!

Thank you.
© UBB.Developers