UBB.Dev
How do I generate a list of users who wants to recieve emails (in 6.5)?
I want to send out a newsletter occasionally, but I only wanty to send it to users who have accepted to recieve mails ("Receive Administrator Emails"). But when I do a search for users I don't see such a field? And the resulting list of email adresses seems way to long (I highly doubt 90% of my users have chosen to recieve emails)

I would not like to send out "unsolicted" emails and end up on spam-filters

Any help appreicated, thanks
I always send out my newsletters with a third party program (listmessenger). To export the list from my database of subscribed users, I use the following query:

SELECT U_Email
FROM w3t_Users
WHERE U_AdminEmails = 'On'
Thanks!
You can do that from the admin menu in 6.5

Control Panel -> Member Management ->
Click "Submit" to search for all members

Then at the bottom, change radio button to "All members in Search" and select "Email" from the pull down menu.

On the next screen you can choose to either do the email within threads, or export the list of email addresses. This should only grab users who have agreed to accept emails.
Well, I get much different results from using the SQL command and the search like you suggested. I'm not sure the search "filtering" is actually working as it generates a list of 320 email addresses (my forum currently has 344 members) whereas the SQL command generates a much smaller number....
That's probably because the SQL command doesn't count the members who have set U_AdminEmails='NULL'

Josh, why do some users have the 'NULL' setting for U_AdminEmails ?
If they never edited their profile, they don't have a yes or no answer yet.
In 6.5 you should add the "receive emails" question to the registration screen, and make it required. Then at least people will have a yes or no answer for the question.
Thanks, good idea, I will do that!
© UBB.Developers