UBB.Dev
Posted By: UnixSpot Turn off "Jump to first unread post - 10/07/2004 8:09 PM
Rick Directed me to post this question here since it is a "code" change.

The Original thread is posted Here

=======================================

I am loosing customers like flies because of this feature. I need it turned off. I am extremely unhappy that it was not configurable in the admin section. You should never force a feature on to a customer like this.

How can I turn off the "jump to first unread post" .. I want it to act like it did before in the 6.4 versions (which I just found out were broken). When I click on a topic that I have a new reply in, I want it to show me the original post... not the new reply. All of my users find this new feature extremely annoying and I have to agree with them.

Please tell me how to turn it off or create an addition to the admin console that allows me to turn it off.
Posted By: Zackary Re: Turn off "Jump to first unread post - 10/07/2004 11:05 PM
Ok, had to set up a test board here at work since I turned off my FTP at home.

Down and dirty hack. BACK UP YOUR FILES!

Did some minor testing and this worked, no guarantees though.

-------
Open your postlist.php file:
FIND:
Code
 <br />	if ($newthread) {<br />		$postrow[$z]['goto'] = "{$var_sep}gonew{$var_eq}1#UNREAD";<br />	}<br /> 

And either comment it out, or remove it.

This worked on the test board I just set up. Again, no guarantees.
Posted By: Zackary Re: Turn off "Jump to first unread post - 10/07/2004 11:13 PM
Just did some more testing and it seems to work fine. The little jump to first unread post arrow in the thread works as it should, so if people want to use that to get to the first unread post it'll work.
Posted By: UnixSpot Re: Turn off "Jump to first unread post - 10/08/2004 12:37 AM
You are a lifesaver, Thank you very much!
Posted By: Zackary Re: Turn off "Jump to first unread post - 10/08/2004 1:59 AM
I'm guessing it worked? It's no problem, I help when I'm able.
Posted By: UnixSpot Re: Turn off "Jump to first unread post - 10/08/2004 4:24 PM
Yes it worked and is still working, no one has had any issues. Again, thank you!!
Posted By: Zackary Re: Turn off "Jump to first unread post - 10/08/2004 9:57 PM
© UBB.Developers