UBB.Dev
Posted By: Moab Cannot change personal info - 11/07/2004 10:21 PM
When I hit the submit button when trying to change the personal info it goes to a white blank screen and the url above it is /ubbthreads/changebasic.php. I have not changed anything recently. I am running 6.4 The display change preferences works fine. Just not the personal info update. Any ideas?
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Cannot change personal info - 11/07/2004 10:53 PM
Usually a blank page is a missing or corrupt language file. Try replacing the /languages/english/changebasic.php language file with a clean copy.
Posted By: Moab Re: Cannot change personal info - 11/08/2004 1:50 AM
I tried loading the backup copy I have on my hard drive but i am still getting a blank page. Any other ideas? I think it started happenning when I changed the option to allow users to change their display name with approval. Ever since then it hasn't been working. I tried changing that option back to what i had originally but it did not help. I don't have a fresh copy of that file from the threads DL and my membership expired 6 months ago. Is there a difference uploaduing my backup copy that was working and a new one from the threads download?
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Cannot change personal info - 11/08/2004 2:39 AM
It depends on what version - don't mix version numbers or else you'll introduce new errors.
Posted By: Moab Re: Cannot change personal info - 11/08/2004 2:42 AM
i didn't..I backed up my copy a few weeks ago when everything was working and just re-ploasded the backup copy today and still no dice. Any other thoughts?
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Cannot change personal info - 11/08/2004 3:31 AM
I'd try replacing the changebasic.php script and language file, make sure you don't mix up the locations. If that doesn't work - and you want to PM me server information, I'll have a look for you.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Cannot change personal info - 11/08/2004 3:54 AM
Fixed - was a corrupt changebasic.php language file (had 2 sets of quotes on some strings). Maybe the language editor in 6.4 had a bug.
© UBB.Developers