UBB.Dev
Posted By: DrChaos got a new one for ya.... - 11/09/2004 5:01 PM
I installed the mod to show the referrers<sp and where they came from. But it dont display where they came from. If I click on the lil globe to see where the referrer was from, it takes me to the page the spider is indexing on my forums. Its acting just like a link to the forum they are viewing...
Posted By: Medar Re: got a new one for ya.... - 11/09/2004 5:46 PM
Is that the mod where you have to hover over it to see the information?
Posted By: ChAoS_dup1 Re: got a new one for ya.... - 11/09/2004 7:32 PM
Blind Stab- Mine seems to be working ok, It may be that the link is taking you to the previous thread or link it indexed. Not entirely sure but when I have people drop in from google searches and I click the referrer then it takes me right to the google search.
Posted By: dimopoulos Re: got a new one for ya.... - 11/09/2004 7:44 PM
The link displayed there (in the little globe) will reflect the position of the anonymous user that was stored on the w3t_Online table at the time of sampling. This of course might change (depending on your Online refresh) if a spider is crawling on your site.
Posted By: DrChaos Re: got a new one for ya.... - 11/09/2004 8:02 PM
Its not the mod to hover over to see the info. Its the mod that shows us where anons are from. The one with the little globe you click. I forget the name of the mod.

If you click on the whos online page here and look at the anons, thats what i see. but here if you click on the little earth icon it takes you to where the anon came from. On mine, I click it and it takes me to the page they are on in the fourm..
Posted By: dimopoulos Re: got a new one for ya.... - 11/09/2004 8:39 PM
Yes I was talking about the same modification. The link that the globe redirects you to is determined at the time of sampling. If a spider crawls throughout the site you will see the link changing. I had that question as well and since one of my boards is quite low on traffic and users I couldn't see what was going on. Once I started observing a busier board (50 anonymous users) then it became clearer.
Posted By: DrChaos Re: got a new one for ya.... - 11/09/2004 8:55 PM
But if you click on the globe here on threads dev, it takes you to the referring page. It used to be like that on my forum also.

It never did take me to the posts on my oen forum.

Say someone did a google on leetgamers. It would bring up my forums and they click the link. When I see them on my screen I click the globe, it should take me to the page that the person came from which is the google search page.
Posted By: dimopoulos Re: got a new one for ya.... - 11/09/2004 9:09 PM
Let's try it out because I think we are saying the same thing but at a different time index. I will PM you.
Posted By: DrChaos Re: got a new one for ya.... - 11/09/2004 10:12 PM
done

you came from google but the globe takes me to the index page that you are currently looking at...
Posted By: dimopoulos Re: got a new one for ya.... - 11/09/2004 11:50 PM
Yes this is what it is supposed to do (at least I think)
Posted By: scroungr Re: got a new one for ya.... - 11/10/2004 12:37 AM
the globe takes you to google but to googles index page of what they are looking at..
Posted By: DrChaos Re: got a new one for ya.... - 11/10/2004 12:46 AM
[]scroungr said:
the globe takes you to google but to googles index page of what they are looking at.. [/]

thats what its supposed to do. but it only does that about 10 percent of the time. the rest of the time I click it, it takes me to the page on my forum they are indexing.

no big deal soi far. Since medar fixed the forums database i have had anywhere from 4 to 15 bots indexing all the time

from google, yahoo slurp, and something called exabot...
Now if I can get about 90+ there (like here) all the time ill be even happier.....
Posted By: ChAoS_dup1 Re: got a new one for ya.... - 11/10/2004 6:58 AM
make sure you pust a decent robots.txt in to prevent them indexing everything, personally I hope I don't get 90+ bots at once
© UBB.Developers