UBB.Dev
Posted By: Rose The Cookie Problem - 11/14/2004 12:00 AM
I think I've searched every inch of this forum looking for any fix, no matter how small, of the 6.5 cookie issue (new post tracking).

I made my new forum public today, and I'm having my users make the transition. I was using a WWW board which tracked new posts admirably - but now my users are coming up against this issue and are floundering. It's truly awful.

The reason I'm bringing this up again, is that in reading other posts, it seems that some people have had success in fixing the problem, but it was never detailed HOW they did it. The issue I'm having, is that posts that have previously been read, suddenly activate again - seemingly at random and for no particular reason. This is driving me and my community crazy, and it's only Day 1!

While searching, I read something about entering something other than "/" in the Cookie Path field having helped. But there was no detail, so I'm not sure what to do. I also read something about there being a 4kb limit on cookie size - if that's correct, then that would certainly not help. Again, there was no detail.

ANY HELP at all would be enormously appreciated. I'm about at my wit's end. Thanks!
Posted By: Zarzal Re: The Cookie Problem - 11/14/2004 12:25 AM
UBBt6.5.1 is now in beta and they try to fix this. Seems to be a hard bug. You have to wait until it is released. I wait too ...
Posted By: Twisty Re: The Cookie Problem - 11/14/2004 10:14 AM
PM received.

Iirc, there's a serious post tracking bug in 6.5 although I have no way of knowing how to fix it because I don't use 6.5, so I'm probably not the right person to ask.

Perhaps someone else can provide more help in this case :-)
Posted By: Zarzal Re: The Cookie Problem - 11/14/2004 4:52 PM
http://www.ubbcentral.com/boards/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/39437/an/0/page/0#39437
© UBB.Developers