UBB.Dev
Posted By: Pilgrim Manually register someone? - 11/16/2004 8:37 PM
Here's a quick explanation of a problem I'm experiencing. I have an individual who cannot register on my Board (6.4.1), using the "Registration Mod 6.4 hack". No one else has had any problems registering since I added that mod; 100+ have successfully registered

So, the nature of the problem. The person claims they have filled out all the necessary fields but when the "Submit" button is clicked, nothing happens; e.g., no error messages like (You must fill in all fields, etc.), no blank screen, no 404 message, etc. Consequently, I don't even get a new registration notification nor does anything appear in the "Verify New Users" or "Approve New Users" sections of the Admin panel.

This individual is using AOHell and admits to being computer illiterate. So, asking him/her to check browser settings for cookies, etc., would be fruitless.

QUESTION: Is there a way to manually register an individual in this type of situation? Or can someone suggest a way to get this person registered given the above situation?

Thanks,

Jeff
Posted By: SchoolScandals Re: Manually register someone? - 11/16/2004 8:51 PM
This Help any?
Posted By: Pilgrim Re: Manually register someone? - 11/16/2004 9:35 PM
Thanks for the reference. I installed the hack and have contacted the individual asking for the relevant information. After/if the person responds, I'll fill in the required fields and give it a try. I'll be sure to let you know if thing work or not.

Jeff
© UBB.Developers