UBB.Dev
Posted By: smoknz28 Problems with upgrading v6.4.1 - v6.5 - 11/27/2004 5:03 PM
Mmmm, can't seem to get passed this one...

----------------------------
Unable to proceed with language file updates. Please correct the following errors and check again at the bottom of this screen. If you are unable to correct the permissions please return to the previous step. You will need to add the new strings by hand.

Cannot create file in /home/smoknz28/public_html/ubbthreads/languages/index.html
Cannot create file in /home/smoknz28/public_html/ubbthreads/languages/index.html/admin
-----------------------------

I'm also finding this error at the top of the page:

Warning: opendir(/home/smoknz28/public_html/ubbthreads/languages/index.html): failed to open dir: Not a directory in /home/smoknz28/public_html/ubbthreads/install/upgrade.php on line 657

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/smoknz28/public_html/ubbthreads/install/upgrade.php on line 659

Warning: opendir(/home/smoknz28/public_html/ubbthreads/languages/index.html/admin): failed to open dir: Not a directory in /home/smoknz28/public_html/ubbthreads/install/upgrade.php on line 668

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/smoknz28/public_html/ubbthreads/install/upgrade.php on line 670
-------------------------

I find it interesting that it's trying to create a file from a webpage index.html/admin

Any help on this is greatly appreciated. I've changed all of my permissions....
Posted By: Rick Re: Problems with upgrading v6.4.1 - v6.5 - 11/27/2004 7:09 PM
Hmm, try removing the index.html file from within your languages directory. I should check for that, but it's treating that as a language directory and trying to update the language files within.
Posted By: smoknz28 Re: Problems with upgrading v6.4.1 - v6.5 - 11/28/2004 1:43 AM
I'll give that a shot.
Posted By: smoknz28 Re: Problems with upgrading v6.4.1 - v6.5 - 11/28/2004 1:56 AM
Scream, by deleting the .html file.....the rest of the installation process was able to continue.

However, I now have a couple more issues to contend with:

I'm now confused as to why the board shows that I'm running v6.4 when the Control Panel, etc has all changed...?? Something I have to do manually?

Also, I cannot turn my board back on as the control panel tells me that I need to change my permissions on my config.inc.php file, but I can't recall or find in the documentation as to what I need to change it to.

Thanks...
© UBB.Developers