UBB.Dev
Posted By: dparvin One of my members is having problems - 11/29/2004 10:41 PM
I posted about some problems I was having with my site and this is the reply I got from one of my reguler members.

[] I have a 56K...dial up modem.. and I have been having minor problems for about the last two weeks or so..when i initally sign in, I can't post it says access has been denied, i have to go to the calander, or game room first before I am able to post anything. At first I thought it was my internet protection but it is not that...i'm not sure what it is. [/]

Anyone have an idea whats causing this and how to solve it?
Posted By: Medar Re: One of my members is having problems - 11/29/2004 11:14 PM
It sounds almost as if the cookie is not setting properly during the login process.

I would check to make sure it is definitely not some sort of firewall protection. The issue that makes me think it is NOT that is that he can post after visiting one of these other pages.

Which leads us back to the cookie...
Posted By: dparvin Re: One of my members is having problems - 11/29/2004 11:38 PM
That’s what I said to her (its a she).

She has done the usual of clearing them and I have logged in as here and cleared them but no difference.

What gets me is how it has started to do it in the last couple of weeks
Posted By: dparvin Re: Two of my members are having problems - 11/30/2004 3:02 PM
Another has posted this

[] I'm having some problems too, sometimes I get access straight away but other times I get sent to a search engine first before I can get on the site. Then sometimes I can get on but after a couple of posts I get booted out.........anyone else got the same problem???? [/]

Posted By: Medar Re: Two of my members are having problems - 11/30/2004 5:30 PM
Now THAT sounds like they have a bug on their own systems. The "getting sent to a search engine" is a common virus/bug, or call it what you want - but that is typically spyware.

Has nothing to do with your site, they will need to exorcise the demons from their PC.
Posted By: dimopoulos Re: Two of my members are having problems - 11/30/2004 8:20 PM
I agree. This has to be spyware. Tell them to try http://security.kolla.de (SpyBot Search and Destroy) which is extremely good in killing spyware, and also tell them to use Firefox (allows less junk in - if any)
Posted By: dparvin Re: Two of my members are having problems - 11/30/2004 10:37 PM
Thanks for the info. I have asked them to do as you suggested and hopefully that will solve it.

Thank you
Posted By: dparvin Re: Two of my members are having problems - 12/05/2004 1:13 AM
This was the reply

[] I did it and here is my report:

Done!
Your system was completely clean.

Windows XP (5.01.2600 SP2)
CWShredder v1.59.1
Written by Merijn - [][email protected][/]

I have tons of ad-aware blockers, and anti-hijackers on here, that is why I dont get to worried when i have to shut off my anti-virus..I am very protected ! Maybe that is why I am denied access to much security ? [/]

Any more ideas?
Posted By: dparvin Re: Two of my members are having problems - 01/06/2005 11:10 AM
Anyone got any ideas on this?
© UBB.Developers